1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car doesn't start first time

ImS3ola Dec 30, 2004

1. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

I was wondering if you guys could confirm whether your car starts first time after its been left standing for 2+ days. The car always starts on the first turn of the key it's driven everyday, but if I leave it for a few days it turns over a few times before it starts.

I assume this isn't normal and could be a battery problem?

2. GregC

GregC Member

Pressure in the fuel lines???

I really wouldn't worry about this too much, it is something that is likely to cost a lot to investigate and fix and in reality doesn't cause that much of a problem (I am assuming we are not talking about 5 mins of turning over here).

Greg

3. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GregC said:

(I am assuming we are not talking about 5 mins of turning over here).

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it takes about 3 seconds before it catches. It's not really a big problem, just not something i'd expect on a 2 yr old car.

4. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

Car was left for 3 days (2001 S3) and starts almost immedietly even when it was close to freezing point.

5. neil.c

neil.c Senior

The wifes mk3 16v gti has always taken a few seconds to start but the S3 always seems to start straight away even if left to stand for a fortnight. I often wonder why when starting it but think as indicated above that it would not be cost effective to investigate.

6. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mine does the same! If I don't start my car for about 2 - 3 days it always takes longer to start! Normally it takes 1 to 2 turns but after a few days it can take 3 to 4!

I never worry about it though, once it has been started it will then go back to normal!

Rich.