Car Delivered Yesterday - REJECTED

I thought the Bose was pretty rank,but it's definitely improved with use and I think it sounds pretty damned good now.
My personal limit is 15.

[ QUOTE ]

Do I need to go easy on the engine for the first 1000 miles? My friend tells me not to take it past 3000rpm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that's not true

[ QUOTE ]

That's always been a weird one.
The configurator says climate is an option,but it lists the price as £ 0.00...

Bottom line is,it's standard and you don't actually have to specify it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a proper option but you dont have to have it, most dealers just automatically add it.

If you want the Symphony II cd changer/headunit then you have to have aircon.

In the UK it's only an option on the Standard model. It's standard fitting on the SE, Sport and S-Line models. Quite a number of items are standard on UK models that are optional in other markets.

It's quite an eye opener to go on www.audi.de and fumble through to the "Konfigurator" just to see what is available over there, much more mix and match, even climate is an extra!

[ QUOTE ]

Do I need to go easy on the engine for the first 1000 miles? My friend tells me not to take it past 3000rpm.

[/ QUOTE ]I never bothered, general consensous is that due to the accuracy of modern machining you don't need to bother.

[ QUOTE ]

Will the engine get even better after the 1000 mile mark?

[/ QUOTE ]VAG engines seem to get better with age. My golf 1.9 tdi seemed to just get faster and faster and more efficient as it got older.

[ QUOTE ]

The seat seems to not reset itself in the correct position on the rails when you let a passenger in the back. Odd, but not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]You need to slide it back before you fold the top back. Bit annoying and passengers never get the hang of it.

[ QUOTE ]

The BOSE stereo is great. I am not pushing it too hard yet as I read the thread about that guy blowing his sub, is that right, what limits do you guys have?

[/ QUOTE ]It's the first sub that we've heard of letting go. I give mine some fairly serious punishment and it's fine

[ QUOTE ]

I am going to see if my local Audi garage will be able to fit the cruise and / or heated seats as the lease company said as long as it is covered by the Audi warranty they don't care what goes on the car.

[/ QUOTE ]Cruise is defo possible, approx £300 but is an acquired taste. I only find it useful if i'm doing a crawl on the mway, i.e. less than 70mph. You need to be the slowest vehicle out there to make it worthwhile. Heated seats will require new seats, new climate control unit and new wiring looms. Nothings impossible but it'll be fekin expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Eeef. I think cruise for a definite, the heated seats I will have to do without.

The economy seems fantastic. I live in the hills and the drive between home and work is a windy, steep road. I gave it some lead right foot, overtook a few times (first time I've been able to do that in 3 years) and I was still registering 45mpg for that trip! On a gentle drive with the girlfriend on some flatter roads it was indicating 62mpg for that trip! How can a car so quick be so good on fuel.

So far very impressed.

AFAIK Climate is a cost option on the standard models and a NO COST option on the other models (. You never know, some people may not want climate.

Cruise is a license saver - especially in daft road works limits or 30mph zones. Would never be without it again.

On motorways / dual carriageways I drive for miles and miles with it 'on' - use the stick to increase/decrease speed in 1mph steps as required when your catching / loosing the car in front.

That what having 9 points does for you!

Not according to Audi printed price lists....

If you take a look at the latest July 2005 price list for the A3, Electronic Climate Control is listed with an S meaning standard fitting on the SE, Sport and S-Line. Several other items, for example the No Smoking pack are listed as No Charge.

I doubt if Audi UK wiuld accept an order for say an SE WITHOUT air conditioning, not that I can see a reason for anyone wanting to order an A3 without it.

In the German and many other European price lists the climate control is listed as an option. Audis imported by Audi UK have always been top of the range models loaded with many items that are options in other markets.

If you go for cruise as an aftermarket fit, I would recommend you keep away from an Audi dealer, and have it fitted by an independent. This is because it involves re-programming the ECU to activate the Cruise Control software. Any indie with access to VAG-Com or similar will be happy to do this for you, but when I asked my friendly dealer to do it, they said this constituted a hack, which they were not permitted to do, so they would have to replace the ECU, which pushed the price up over £1,000.

I had mine done HERE for £352. I'm sure you could find someone closer to home, who would do the same.

DR - I stand corrected.

When I order mine in Oct 04, Climate was listed on the 'options' part of the order form with a cost of £0.00

But in the electronic price lists it is standard on all but 'standard' models.