1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Delivered Yesterday - REJECTED

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by spandexx, Oct 4, 2005.

1. spandexx

spandexx New Member

Bloody waiting 12 bloody weeks for my new Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport and they deliver it with 3 of my 6 specified options missing (£700 quids worth) and a big bloody scratch on the front. I have simply rejected it, I sent the drivers back to Audi.

To be fair it was not Audi’s fault (other than the scratch), it was my useless leasing firm ordering the wrong car.

I have to say my first new car experience is not a happy one and I am not impressed. I mean how difficult is it to call the customer before the build takes place and make sure you are building the right car?

I am going to have to re order (with the three month wait) and I have a question.

I want the upgrade to S-Line spec with the S-Line pack in the price list (£1000 if I remember) but I don't want the DSG gearbox or Quattro. Is this possible without the above gubbins? Has anyone done it?

Cheers,

One disappointed Spandexx
  2. funkycat

funkycat Member

I believe with the new generation/facelift A3 you can have S-line in any geabox/engine/2wd/4wd combination you want. When I bought mine last year all S-lines were DSG only.

Try the DSG box, its brilliant, you have auto for heavy traffic lazy driving, and the semi auto with paddles for the "fun" times. I wasn't sure about DSG initially, but having had it for 10 months, I have to say its a "trick bit of kit" Recommend you try b4 U buy, the leasing Co may have done you a favour in the long run.
  3. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

That is bad news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Having waited so long and then got all excited the day before only to have to return the car.

What are they giving you to use in the meantime?

As far as I'm aware you can only get a TDi S-Line in DSG or Quattro and not FWD manual.
  4. Roswell

Roswell Member

Whatever you do, don't ask the dealers!! They haven't got a clue what you can or cannot get!

Shame about your car mate!
  5. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

I thought it was now possible to order the S-line pack without having to go down the DSG/quattro route.

I had to take DSG to get the S-line pack and thought I would be able to live with it,but I can't.
  6. spandexx

spandexx New Member

To add insult to disappointment I am still in my company van and will be for the duration.

I am tempted by the DSG box but it is just too expensive.

Thanks for the info.
  7. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[ QUOTE ]
    I want the upgrade to S-Line spec with the S-Line pack in the price list (£1000 if I remember) but I don't want the DSG gearbox or Quattro. Is this possible without the above gubbins? Has anyone done it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that as long as you choose a Sport based model you should be ok?...
  8. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

According to the Audi configurator,you still can't have S-line unless you take quattro or DSG.

S-line is not listed as an option for the sport models.

God knows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  9. mikep

mikep Member

10. mark88

mark88 Member

I was told by numerous dealers that you cannot do s-line without quattro or DSG, the pricelist confirms that also.
  11. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

For the life of me,I can't figure out why Audi can't offer the S-line option on any of their models.
    It's a weird one.
  12. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Cause, it's premium. I want my A3 to be different and not look the same as 1.6 that is 6k cheaper
  13. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Cause, it's premium. I want my A3 to be different and not look the same as 1.6 that is 6k cheaper

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a 1.6 S-line though.
    There's a guy on here (Ireland) got one.
  14. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Doh!
  15. spandexx

spandexx New Member

Mute point now. The lease company has offered me the car at a very reduced rate - too cheap to ignore. Bargain Audi for less than the price of a Scoda. Audi are sorting the stone chip and I should have it in a week.
  16. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Out of interest,what options are you missing ?
  17. mark88

mark88 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a 1.6 S-line though.
    There's a guy on here (Ireland) got one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I bet you can. Cause UK spec is different I bet that if the dealer agreed to put S-line down on a non quattro/DSG A3 that they'd build it in Germany.
  18. spandexx

spandexx New Member

Heated Seats (no toasty bum)
    Cruise Control (I suppose I will have to exercise my right foot)
    Illuminated Vanity Mirrors (the girlfriend will kill me)!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not too tragic as the important options are still there, but bloody unbelievable none the less.
  19. skempster

skempster Member

I think AMd retro fit cruise control for VAG cars.

Surely the lights on the vanity mirrors can be retro fitted too...?
  20. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

Except that it is most likely the "interior lighting" pack, which includes sill lights, footwell lights etc...

AmD do retrofit cruise ;-)

Spandex, good thing about the rebate! You must have made quite the deal!!
  21. mikep

mikep Member

Any idea of the cost of the retro fit cruise?
  22. skempster

skempster Member

Sorry don't know price - it says "coming soon" on the website but I was sure they have been doing it for a while.

Have you had it done then MB?
  23. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Out of interest the wording for the S-line package in the latest July 2005 price list reads as follows:

S line model comprising:
    • 7.5J x 18 ‘5 Arm’ design alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres
    • Black headlining
    • Illuminated vanity mirrors
    • Part perforated leather 3 spoke sports steering wheel (manual) with
    gear change paddles (DSG) with contrast colour stitching
    • Perforated leather gear knob (manual only)
    • Brushed aluminium inlays
    • Sport front seats with black leather side bolsters and centre sections
    in black Speed Cloth
    • Available on quattro and/or DSG Sport models only, and in addition
    to Sport Model Premium if applicable (includes Sport Model contents)

So it seems the S-Line is still only available in the UK on quattro and/or DSG Sport models in 2.0T and 3.2 petrol and 2.0 TDI diesel, but it does include the Illuminated Vanity Mirrors.
  24. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Heated Seats (no toasty bum)
    Cruise Control (I suppose I will have to exercise my right foot)
    Illuminated Vanity Mirrors (the girlfriend will kill me)!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not too tragic as the important options are still there, but bloody unbelievable none the less.

[/ QUOTE ]

The non-heated seats are a shame but at least you can easily get cruise retro-fitted, as the man said. Plenty of places doing it, just a case of finding the one that's most convenient for you. As for the illuminated vanity mirrors, that really does come into the category of "who gives a sh*t?".

Hope you get it soon, and enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  25. gizze

gizze Member

And Climate Control is now missing from the S-Line although it is still on teh SE and Sport?!
  26. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Retro fitting is a potential problem if you're dealing with a leasing company,but it's not insurmountable.

Depends how flexible they are.

We once wanted to retro fit our fleet of Polos with alloys (within weeks of taking delivery) but they said no,they couldn't adjust their monthly figures so we'd have to pay for them cash.

Then again,I retro fitted a CD changer to my A4 and the leasing company simply upped their monthly premiums by a few quid.

The hell with paying for something out of your own pocket on a leased car though.
  27. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    And Climate Control is now missing from the S-Line although it is still on teh SE and Sport?!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's always been a weird one.
    The configurator says climate is an option,but it lists the price as £ 0.00...

Bottom line is,it's standard and you don't actually have to specify it.
  28. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Thats cause you can only have the sline on the Sports version of the car, i think
  29. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

The same July 05 price list indicates that Electronic Climate Control is standard on the SE, Sport and S-Line models and a £1100 option on only the Standard model.
  30. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Another interesting item in the price list is:

Black Cloth Headlining, must be combined with interior light pack (price quoted does not include this item)

Optional on the Standard, SE and Sport but standard on the S-Line. So new S-lines must have the interior light pack.
  31. mark88

mark88 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Another interesting item in the price list is:

Black Cloth Headlining, must be combined with interior light pack (price quoted does not include this item)

Optional on the Standard, SE and Sport but standard on the S-Line. So new S-lines must have the interior light pack.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that means black cloth headlining is standard on S-line, if you want it on any other model you must combine it with the interior light pack.

My new S-line doesn't have interior light pack.
  32. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

As above, thats why I have added it as a Option
  33. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

So if you have a black headlining in an S-Line you do not get the interior lighting pack but on any other model you do - Strange.
  34. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Yeah but,

Black Cloth Headlining must be combined with light pack (but does _not_ include) so then add the Light pack .

Black Cloth Headlining £195
    Interior Light Pack £140
  35. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

My SE comes with the interior light pack as standard and I would hate to have a black headlining...makes the interior feel so small to me.
  36. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

In connection with the retro fitting of the cruise control, I have just received my October copy of Audi Driver and it has an advert for AMD that quotes £299 for cruise control. AMD's phone number is 01869 323205 and their web-site is www.amdtechnik.com .

There is also an item in the News section that mentions that Awesome from Manchester is offering retro-fit of cruise control systems for the A3. Using all standard original components the upgrades compare favourably with the price of cruise control if specified as a factory-fit item and offers the answer to anyone who has bought a car without this feature as standard. The price, including fitting, is £225 for the A3.

Awesome's phone noumber is 0161 776 0777 or their web-site is www.awersomegti.com
  37. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Audi Driver do you get that as free magazine when you own a Audi or is it a paid subscription?
  38. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

39. adamrawling

adamrawling Member

My motor is at Audi Stoke at present having cruise control retro fitted. Parts + installation for £257.
  40. spandexx

spandexx New Member

Finally delivered (whoooooo!). It may not have arse warmers, cruise or the mirrors but what the hell, I love it.
    The 2.0 TDi pulls with surprising force, but I have come from a scabby van with a 0-60 of 23 seconds!! so anything would seem quick. The torque is epic though, seems to pull all the time. Interior is a quality product. I love the crisp red lighting, the dash and the seats.
    Oh and the exterior is gorgeous with the 17” Sport wheels in Metallic Black. Would have liked S-Line, but the Sport is more than good enough!

A few things though.

Do I need to go easy on the engine for the first 1000 miles? My friend tells me not to take it past 3000rpm.
    Will the engine get even better after the 1000 mile mark?
    The seat seems to not reset itself in the correct position on the rails when you let a passenger in the back. Odd, but not too bad.
    The BOSE stereo is great. I am not pushing it too hard yet as I read the thread about that guy blowing his sub, is that right, what limits do you guys have?

I am going to see if my local Audi garage will be able to fit the cruise and / or heated seats as the lease company said as long as it is covered by the Audi warranty they don't care what goes on the car.

All in all very pleased indeed.