Car covers

heeman10

Audi driver since Dec 08
Reaction score
Hi all. I am starting to get desperate and upset :crying: Every single day when I leave work, I am greeted by seagull crap on my car. I am a low-level detailing enthusiast, so this sight pains me. There is absolutely no shelter around here, and until we get the wires up, which will hopefully stop the seagulls swooping over the front of the workshop, I am risking extensive damage to my bodywork if I don't cover the car.

So, what do people have? It needs to be substantial enough for me to be able to leave it fitted to the car all day without flapping around and damaging itself/my paint. I'm just about to call Audi up to see if they sell any, as I did see a genuine Audi cover for sale on a US forum not so long ago.

I am going to follow this thread as i am also interested in a cover.

Spoke to Audi - they only sell them for the A1 :puke: and not for the A3. I've had a look around online, and there would appear to be some good ones, tailor made, with mirror pockets, possibly even with the Audi rings on the front, but prices for those sorts of covers are circa £300.

Count me in too. I am desperate for a cover for the sportback until I can get the car-port built. Most members on here don't like covers due to potential paint damage, but some of us have little option but to use them. Could do with a good recommendation.

I asked about this a while ago, general consensus was avoid like the plague as they will scratch your paint work, the only ones that seem any good are literally like pop up tents so they sit over the car rather than on it but these are not cheap unfortunately

Shane - The more I thought about it on Tuesday, the more I thought I just couldn't bear the thought of the fabric being swept backward and forward over my paint in the breeze. A couple of us at work are contemplating building a carport on the end of the building.

Hi Guys

Audi do have a car cover which looks very good. They do it for the 2 door and the Sportback

Drawback - £230

It is shown in ETKA (picture) but if you want I can try and print it, scan it and then post it.

EDIT - here it is anyway. Not a good scan 'cos the paper was still wet !

carcover2.jpg

Last edited:
mike - Indoor covers like that are all I've seen sold by Audi. They do look great though!