car colour?

martyboy

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
hi, just got my log book back from dvla, and it says the colour of my car is 'grey'
im almost sure, (but i might be wrong!) it used to say something else, ie. a specific grey!
can someone please clarify if i am going mental or is there a specific type of grey my car is?
cheers

dsc02221p.jpg

Its John Major Grey i believe.

Looks like Lava Grey to me.

well after extensive research on this matter, i have concluded that my car is 'LAVA GREY' based solely on colour comparisons and the fact that i like the name 'LAVA GREY'!!! :yahoo: 'METEOR GREY' came a close second!!!

so from now on my car will be refered to as lava grey a3!!!

glad thats been cleared up!!!

this thread is like watching a carbon fibre car decompose lol but it look like lava grey like mine

DVLA are *****.

i use to have a Golf 1.4 Mk4 in Black, Hatchback.

It came up as a Golf, 1490cc (1.5), Saloon and Grey ?

It was an import so either the importer fudged up the details or the DVLA did, i know who my money would be on!

And your car is either Lava or Metoer Grey ! The paint code is in the in the spare wheel area so get the code and google it and that will tell yhou fo sure !

DVLA are *****.

i use to have a Golf 1.4 Mk4 in Black, Hatchback.

It came up as a Golf, 1490cc (1.5), Saloon and Grey ?

It was an import so either the importer fudged up the details or the DVLA did, i know who my money would be on!

And your car is either Lava or Metoer Grey ! The paint code is in the in the spare wheel area so get the code and google it and that will tell yhou fo sure !

did you contact them to correct them, or just forget about it?
i will check out the paint code later as i know how deperate you all are for clarification on this matter!!! :whistle2:

The car wouldnt be Meteor Grey like Decked S3 as Dave already stated is a facelift colour. Either be Dolphin Grey which its not as the colour not flat and too dark. Which leaves it to the winner Lava grey lol :D which is a darker grey and metallic paint
So you dont have to worry no more. And the Police tried telling me when i got pulled over my car was black when it was lava grey

The car wouldnt be Meteor Grey like Decked S3 as Dave already stated is a facelift colour. Either be Dolphin Grey which its not as the colour not flat and too dark. Which leaves it to the winner Lava grey lol :D which is a darker grey and metallic paint
So you dont have to worry no more. And the Police tried telling me when i got pulled over my car was black when it was lava grey

yes 100% positive, its lava grey!!!
police? what do they know??? :whistle2:

did you contact them to correct them, or just forget about it?
i will check out the paint code later as i know how deperate you all are for clarification on this matter!!! :whistle2:

I actually wrote them a letter with teh logbook and they changed the colour to black but they didnt change the engine size or saloon bit...

and obviously, i wasnt going to write them anther one lolll

And Yup - paint codes in teh spare wheel area!