1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car change time

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Models' started by JtotheD, Dec 28, 2012.

1. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

Right everyone, the time has come to change cars and would like people's opinions, currently drive my modded s3 8l but need something a lot more fuel efficient but i'd like it still to be quick. so far I have narrowed it down to a 330D M sport. Realistically I have up to about £9-9.5k to spend. Just wondered if anyone's ever owned one etc or what other options there are - for the ecomony and emissions this car seems a pretty good bet, looked into the swirl flap issue etc as well they seem to suffer with. However, I swear I read on here somewhere that you can see 230bhp from an a3 s line tdi 170?? Anyway drove a 330d today and it was very nice to drive and good spec too and same quality / premium feel i'm used to...So, what you all reckon?cheers, josh

2. Baza1819

Baza1819 Member

Yep ya can take the A3 tdi 170 upto 230, doing mine in the morning, mines the Quattro so it's awesome all year round ! Them bmw's struggle like mad in the snow which is why the quattro's are my preferred option !!

3. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

hmm let me know how quick they feel at 230... yeah I have heard about that snow driving issues but not very often I get snow down here and although im in wolves a lot im not always driving...

4. smurfworth

smurfworth Well-Known Member

if its going to be an a3 make sure its a quattro, my remapped 140 struggles to put the torque down when its wet and becomes annoying to drive at times. unless you don't mind putting new tyres on continuously..

Baza1819 likes this.
  5. Baza1819

Baza1819 Member

Will do J2D

6. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

cheers guys

7. Baza1819

Baza1819 Member

Awesome is the answer pal
    Best money av spent - 220bhp