1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car boosting strange

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Yonner, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Yonner

Yonner Member

[Mar 7, 2014]
    Hi guys need some advice , car had been boosting weird , if input car into 4th gear and put foot down it starts to pull then when it gets to 3000rpm it will jump to 4000rpm and deliver boost weird , I have a video of this and will upload when I am on my pc later , after driving the car last night again it seemed like there is a boost leak now as it sounded like I had a dump valve and no boost in some gears ? Then other times it would boost ? Cheers for any input on this :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. ninjakid

ninjakid Member

[Mar 7, 2014]
    Check your Diverter Valve, they are known to cause issues when knackered. Check which revision you have. Rev D seems to be the popular one, but I went to Rev G as I was informed it is the better of the 2.
  4. Harold_Bishop

Harold_Bishop New Member

[Mar 7, 2014]
    Had this on my passat 1.8T turned out to be air flow meter faulty, replaced it and car pulled harder than ever
  5. Yonner

Yonner Member

[Mar 9, 2014]
    Thanks for the suggestions guys , I put it on laptop and it had a MAF error , cleared it and all boost is back :)
  6. Yonner

Yonner Member

[Mar 21, 2014]
    Guys boost don't seen to be there again and now the car started idling from 1k rpm and revving upto 2k and some times 3k on it's own while stationery ? I had it on vcds and this is the fault , any help appreciated :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395395312.634644.jpg