CAR AUDIO A3/1.8T

PSSILOS

Reaction score
Please your suggestion for car audio (something logic in price) for my A3? I need help specially for speakers!
(only front or with rear ?)
Thank you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well ive opted for a back shelf with 6*9's and subs in the boot. I havent as yet installed any speakers upfront, but im looking into Diamond Audio. Your going to face major probs for the front speakers as they are directly mounted onto the door. If your not fussed you can get adaptors to fit the doors to fit most branded speakers. The same applies for if you just want the speakers in the back panels. Let me know how your install goes.

[ QUOTE ]
Speedo said:
Well ive opted for a back shelf with 6*9's and subs in the boot. I havent as yet installed any speakers upfront, but im looking into Diamond Audio. Your going to face major probs for the front speakers as they are directly mounted onto the door. If your not fussed you can get adaptors to fit the doors to fit most branded speakers. The same applies for if you just want the speakers in the back panels. Let me know how your install goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I opted for replacing the standard speakers as i didnt fancy hacking away at the parcel shelf and having the speakkers visible. I got MB Quart Dsd 213 in the front, havent yet changed the rears, and a sub in the back (see signature for specs) The front door sopeakers werent much of a hastle to change... took about 20mins per door as the door car has to come off... more time consuming than difficult. U have to use adaptors to fit front speakers in which is not a problem... can get them from any good Car Audio shop, and mean the speakers are bigger than originals.
Overall, sound quality has improved tenfold, using a Sony headunit with DSO... makes a huge difference.

Rich

Rich... i get where you are coming from... but i want to spend some decent money on front speakers and if i want to get the best out of them, i will need to build some new pods - something which im looking to do in the very near future. I opted for the 6*9's as i had this setup in my Mk2 and it sounded pretty good.

Also did you face any issues when installing the sound?