1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't wait for it to go now

JamesA3 Dec 10, 2004

1. JamesA3

JamesA3 Member

Well I never thought I would say it but I can't wait to get rid of the A3, having had to leave it at the dealers 3 times to get an engine noise sorted my drivers side window has now failed, I also have a problem with intermittent loss of power and second gear sounds clunky at times and it rattles more than my wifes Saxo which is saying something.

Really not what I expected from an Audi to be honest.

2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

That sucks mate... What do you plan to do?

Rich

3. Add7

Add7 Member

im with you James M. Really disapointed with the motor. problem after problem.

and mines on a R and only done 65000?

Full service history

Really thinking of selling??????

But like you say, i think i have one of th ebad bunch?

4. JamesA3

JamesA3 Member

To be honest I want something thats quick when you get it which the A3/S3 isn't so I'm looking at an M3 Evo

5. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[ QUOTE ]
    James M said:
    To be honest I want something thats quick when you get it which the A3/S3 isn't so I'm looking at an M3 Evo

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about getting a M3 Evo before I got the S3 - I took a few out on test drives and it's in a different league performance wise to the S3 (in the dry anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif). Only reason I didn't get one was cos I think the shape is looking dated now (especially with the e90 coming out) and I couldn't find a nice example with BMW warranty and my favourite colour - Estoril blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

6. JamesA3

JamesA3 Member

Thanks, will be a while yet as I need to pay off the extra I had on the loan to buy wheels and the remap etc...

7. JamesA3

JamesA3 Member

Just been looking at how cheap the Elise\VX220's are these days, I could of had one of them for what I paid for mine and it would probably of been more fun