Cant make my mind up...Audi S3 s -tronic or megane 250 rs? Advise needed

Well I tried both a 250 rs cup the focus rs (didnt bother as couldnt be seen in one at my age) and Audi s3 and bought the Audi spending the same money. I have owned audis before both 8l and 8p but not a Reggie. My take.

RS positives
Newer for same cash
Recaro seats option brilliant
Doesnt look like the cooking model
Good traction
no torque steer
modern
Brakes

Negative
Poor equipt
steering dead feel
Engine hard work
horrendous rough road ride
its a reggie
all grip no adjustability
sound system
interior plastics
oppressive in the back

Audi s3
positives
build
equipt
stereo
quattro
chassis adjustabilty
flexible mid range
gearchange
its an audi
low key appearance
ride

Negatives
Dated
light steering
grip
looks like the cooking model
suspension travel

No question Audi was best choice for me and confirmed by a 250 RS owner I met who was wanting out after 9 months saying he preferred his clio cup, not reliability but never bonded with the 250. In a nutshell the 250 chassis engine and gearbox dont gell together imo

Audi s3
positives
build
equipt
stereo
quattro
chassis adjustabilty
flexible mid range
gearchange
its an audi
low key appearance
ride

Negatives
Dated
light steering
grip
looks like the cooking model
suspension travel
love that quote haha

Guys this is serious amount of information I wanted to get really thank you all:]. Hope the test drive will give me enough indication to decide once and for all:p. Other factor is that the car will be driven by my second half and she is a big Audi (posh brands) fan and already told me to put £2k on a side toward mods. :kiss:

Reactions: Andy Crooks
Just sit in them side by side and your mind'll be made up. The Megane is certainly the more entertaining "driver's car", but driving one daily will get old fast. The plastics look and feel cheap, the seats are quite high, and the whole cabin feels small and dark (even with yellow seats). The S3, on the other hand, is a fantastic place to sit and is as good a car (id not better) 90% of the time. Plus, the quattro works in the snow, the Megane gets lively in the rain.

Plus, a few reliable and well-tested mods will make the S3 uncatchable - even with a Megane 250.

Just sit in them side by side and your mind'll be made up. The Megane is certainly the more entertaining "driver's car", but driving one daily will get old fast. The plastics look and feel cheap, the seats are quite high, and the whole cabin feels small and dark (even with yellow seats). The S3, on the other hand, is a fantastic place to sit and is as good a car (id not better) 90% of the time. Plus, the quattro works in the snow, the Megane gets lively in the rain.

Plus, a few reliable and well-tested mods will make the S3 uncatchable - even with a Megane 250.

Very good point, megane doest feel that fast to be fair its somewhat slow on higher speeds and stage 2 320bhp is max atm where S3 can get up to 370-380 with stage 2+

From stock,the Megane would give an S3 a hard time,but once modded(as most of these cars in both groups will be),then it becomes a different matter,and as said,there may be some 320bhp Meganes around,but I don't recally any around the 400bhp+ range.
Even if you leave that and all the things aside,there's still the small issue of depreciation.

The wife and I were driving somewhere the other day in my 12yr old A3 1.8T Sport with over 130k under its wheels.She looked at me and said you know if I didnt know better I would think I was in a new car.Ok I have had some issues but touch wood nothing major, how many cars can you say that about this old and with this mileage.

Then she said.............With the money we have saved we could have a baby :)....so i ordered an S3...just gotta tell her now.

Reactions: pinterovski
Guys this is serious amount of information I wanted to get really thank you all:]. Hope the test drive will give me enough indication to decide once and for all:p. Other factor is that the car will be driven by my second half and she is a big Audi (posh brands) fan and already told me to put £2k on a side toward mods. :kiss:

i like your missus :wub:

So tempted by a 265 cup !

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think Audi customer service sucks my experience so far with Renault has been merde !

Thats French for sh.te !

:)