1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get heater to blow on windscreen on my audi a4? and econ problem

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jamesey, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jamesey

jamesey Member

[Oct 12, 2013]
    hi ive just checked the heater controls and ive got a couple of probs , if i go through the buttons it blows on feet and face vents then moves to windscreen but doesnt blow through the vents i can hear it blowwing near the top , could it be a link that has come off.

also my econ button is on all the time when i press it the light goes out but comes back on again , i dont think my a/c works?
    here a pic of what sort it is,,,,,,,,,,can you go into settings etc 20131012_170100.jpg on these like the passat b6 controls?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. jamesey

jamesey Member

[Oct 12, 2013]
    my ign had just been turned on thats why the light isnt on lol
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 12, 2013]
  5. jamesey

jamesey Member

[Oct 12, 2013]
    cheers bud , ill be looking tomorrow.
  6. Greeny233

Greeny233 Active Member

[Oct 12, 2013]
    Having the same problem myself. I removed the solenoid motor and stripped it and re-greased it but it made no difference so I ordered a second hand control unit which made no difference :eek:( think I'm going to try replacing the solenoid with a new one (£175 + vat from Audi) or a second hand one.
  7. moggs

moggs Member

[Oct 15, 2013]
    I had the same problems when I bought mine. The flaps had stuck on mine and didn't direct any air to the windscreen, take all the glovebox bits out and have a look, you may be lucky like me. Haven't had a problem since. My econ light on was the sensor located in the air con rad just by the passenger headlight. Replaced that and all was good. About £50 for the part.
  8. jamesey

jamesey Member

[Oct 17, 2013]
    took the glove box out i found the windscreen motor stuck and the recirc one shut aswell that also wouldnt shut or open , no wonder it was steaming up , i took them off greased and hey presto all works again , apart from the aircon ,
    i looked on vagcom and the air con came up with a high pressure sensor (g65) , does this sound simular?
  9. moggs

moggs Member

[Oct 18, 2013]
    That's the fault mine was showing, but apparently shows if the system needs re gassing as well. I would edge my bets with the sensor, it's easy to fit, took me about 15 mins to do and doesn't cost too much, about £50.