1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get head bolts off my A3!!

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by samanthathepinkpanther, Oct 1, 2009.

1. samanthathepinkpanther

samanthathepinkpanther New Member

[Oct 1, 2009]
    Hi, Im new to this site and not sure where to post...........sorry..........Anyway i have an Audi 1.6 r reg with S line kit and running gear etc..........Shes a nice car except she failed on the emmisions........umm........v upset..........My partner is taking the head off to get it skimmed and check the engine and cannot remove the head bolts..........we are totally stuck and have bought several sets of torkes not sure if thats how its spelt..........and also ribes.......the last being an M9 ..........mill autos are stuck..........ive phoned garages etc but no solution..............pleeeeez can anyone help me with some advice? A very sad:blownose: Samantha
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

4. samanthathepinkpanther

[Oct 1, 2009]
    Thnx Mark for getting back...........I havnt a clue but ill show my partner when he gets home from work......... looks promising..............
    Samantha :)
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 1, 2009]
    Spline most likely, got a pic Sam?

If you've used torx then possibly you've fecked the spline holes, show us your bolts so can advise.
  6. samanthathepinkpanther

[Oct 1, 2009]

Its definitely not torx, ive tried the ribe m9 and a multi spline...........not sure how to put a picture on here.........how do i do that? thanx samantha
  7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 1, 2009]
    Upload image to say photobucket & then this give syou a web address of the image location, then start a post & click on the little box with mountain inside above the text box & then paste the link into the window, then image will link to this page.