Can't find thread

tazzy baby

Welsh & Proud
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals i am looking for a thread,, i cant remember :sadlike: who put it on but he had a green avant. It was for keyless entry into his car and a kit from right click but i never saw what happened at the end as im thinking of fitting it to mine and as far as i can remember he had a bit of trouble with the wires so can anyone help me out

Cheers gareth:icon_thumright:

Theres been a few threads, but search is broken so i dunno where they are.

I have an Rclick kit in my car, and it works fine.

did you have any problems fitting it and what one did you get butty

Last edited:
Cheers for that butty just one more thing some one told me that there is some thing in side my key for the immob can i just switch them over and what type key blade do i need its a 1.8t avant on a p plate

Cheers Gareth

Our car has HU66 blades, some P plates will have HU49 blades, its right on the change over.

If you compare you key with either HU66 and HU49, then pick the one that looks right!

The immobiliser transponder is a small glass bead, about 3-4mm in diameter and about 10-15mm long. You need to VERY carefully cut it out of the original key, and transfer it into the RClick fob.

I had a bit of trouble with my 1998 A4 wires. The colour code was slightly off for one of them.

I did post the issue on the RightClick website withthe correct colour/pin. Looks like my review for the KE60W-PLUS kit has been removed.

Found this in another thread -
Install went fine, apart from their colour code for the unlock sense wire.
Managed to get the correct wire as the Votex unit wireed into the correct one!

The unit works fine, both keyfobs operate once they have been programmed to the unit. Took about 30 mins in total.

As far as I can remember I had no issues with following the install diagram apart from the Unlock Sense Wire.
You might have to play about for a bit before you get the right one / or maybe Rclick have amended their install diagram so you might not have any issues.

Good luck, its worth it once its installed.

Jim.

Cheers for the info guys i had mine today in the post wont have time to fit it yet im changing me rear wheel bearings ,, cv joint ,, abs sensor ,, and front shock mounts tomorrow so a bit of work but cheers guys will let you know if all is ok :icon_thumright:

Putting my rclick kit in soon too. Already done the key, just need to wire it in. As mentioned be EXTREMELY carefull when cutting out your old transponder. Mine was really embedded, it took me 40 mins to cut it out! Let me know how you get on bud.

yeah will do butty p.s. have you any pics of the old key so i know where not to cut and where the transponder is
Cheers Gareth

Well im off to get the keys cut today and fit it some time this week but still unsure where to cut the key to get the transponder out :think: any one got any pis :photo: as to where it is,,, it would be very helpfull and do you know how much a transponder will cost for the second key
Cheers Gareth

Take the top off the key using a coin. At the most forward front left position(with the key blade facing away from you) you will see a plastic lid set flush to the key internals. Its roughly 1cm long. Using a scalpol remove this buy prising it off. Be very carefull. Underneath this you will see a tiny glass capsule. This is the transponder. It is set to the plastic. Its extremely delicate. If you break it and its your only one you will open a big can of sea snakes. I cut away the surrounding plastic untill it came loose by itself. Use a scalpol.

When i did mine, i removed the cover then took a stanley knife to the edge of the key, and slowly pared away the plastic to the side of the immo capsule.

My capsule also wasnt hidden, it was on show, but sunk in deeply so you cant really pull it out without cutting the plastic away.

Ok well after picking the wife up from work 2night i set to work on removing the immob chip from my key. i took a few pics incase some one is not to sure on what to do or look for like i was but thanks guys for the help i couldnt of done it without you :icon_thumright: cheers

This is the kit i bought with a little bit of help from aragorn
DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF1115.jpg

This is the new key striped down and if you look in the top left corner thats where the chip go's
i wraped it up in a bit of selotape to make it fit in the holder
DSCF1116.jpg

this is where the chip was located in my old key had to cut some of the key away to get it out but be very careful not to break the chip
DSCF1125.jpg

this is the chip that you need to transfer to your new key
DSCF1131.jpg

so all you do then is put it in your new key,,,,,, and like i said i put tape around mine for it to sit snug in to the holder but thats just me and then put your new key back together and hoo ra your done......... and it only cost me 5 pounds to have the 2 keys cut ,,,,,,,, bargain. Thanks again guys will put more pics up in the week of me fitting the rest and let you know how i get on

good stuff!

I ended up having to send my blades away to get em done.

The local key cutters (and i tried a few of them!) said they couldnt get their key vice to grip the blade due to the chamfer on the edge of it.

I was lucky my local timpsons squred me away! Going to be connecting mine up next week too. Tazzy, if your plsnnng on posting more pics up of the installation and what wires you connect to what, that would be ace! I bought exactly the same kit.....£30 bargain!

P.S. Reference your palm.......Your life line is long and prosperous, your health or heart line is not as good as it could be, and your wealth line is not as plentifull as it could be......:zen: .......ha ha ha....

:applaus:Ive always wanted my palm read lol,,, oh and sorry i forgot to thank you like i did to aragorn for the help on the key cheers butty,,
As for the rest of the fitting should be doing it thursday or friday and i will defo post more pics