1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant find Engine Code HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by zaver2, Jun 30, 2011.

1. zaver2

zaver2 New Member

Hey Guys, My A4 2.0 Tdi has a blown head gasket and i need to get it replaced, im getting the head gasket from another country so i need to know my engine code.. I have my Vin no but i cant manage to find my engine code..

Does anyone know where i can find the engine code on a A4 2.0 TDI 140 BHP or can you interpret it with the Vin no- WAUZM68E77A154107

Thanks guys
  2. ChrisFurlong

ChrisFurlong Avantageous

Look in either your service book on the first page with the black & white sticker, it says it on that. Or look in the spare tyre well and the same sticker is in there. Tell you the engine code, gearbox code, paint code, trim code, and all the option codes.
  3. gary3306

gary3306 Member

It'll be it the front cover of your service book on the sticker. I can't remember off the top of my head what the 2.0 codes are, but for instance the code for my 1.9 is BRB. Here is a pic of my service book. Look at where is says BRB, your code will be in the same position in your book. Hope that helps.[​IMG] I've cut the top of the sticker off in the pic so my VIN number isn't displayed (just in case you're thinking 'well my book don't look like that' ;))[/IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  4. gary3306

gary3306 Member

I'm at work now so can check Autodata. It looks like there are 3 possible codes for the 2.0 140bhp tdi, these are; BLB, BPW and BRE
  5. zaver2

zaver2 New Member

Thanks Guys, i dont have my Book as my car is not in UK, its in India but i got the code by calling Audi and i gave them my Vin no..