1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't delete bluetooth contacts

dannyboy75 May 23, 2013

1. dannyboy75

dannyboy75 Member

Hi all

Has anyone else had problems trying to delete/edit numbers from the Audi bluetooth phonebook? I can add them just fine, but if I try and amend or delete any, the bluetooth lady proudly says "Function not possible".

I wondered if there was some sort of PIN code protection on it, but I've gone through all the settings and can't find anything. Google suggests I'm not alone, but I can't find a definitive solution.

cheers
    Dan

2. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

Which phonebook are you adding them into? Bizarely the BT module has a separate phonebook to the RNS-E, so if you have to delete contacts the same way that you added them.

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yeap +1 if showing as contacts from your cellphone, then delete them via the handset, the directory option I never use tbh, I find it very longwinded & a pita.

4. dannyboy75

dannyboy75 Member

Thanks guys. To clarify, I could never get the phonebook on my iPhone to sync with the in-car thing, so it's not that one. It's just contacts that I've added by voice, using the 'Store name' command.