1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Bass this any more!

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by imported_knightmare, Mar 23, 2006.

1. imported_knightmare

imported_knightmare Guest

[Mar 23, 2006]
    Hey guys

I'm planning to add a new sub using the wiring from the rear 7" subs (non-Bose system) on my '96 A8Q

ive read through some of the older posts of people who intalled custom subs and i have a few questions.

What do you guys suggest

Option 1

BTX 250 (2 10" subs, amp and crossover with controls) package tube sub

Option 2

CS-1200T tube Sub
    Soundstream 2ch. Amp
    custom wiring
    crossover (Required?)

Options 3

Your suggestions?

Questions

1) Audi Radio code - is the radio code a 4 digit number? Nothing metioned on the radio card but a CD changer authorization number and another 4 digit number mentioned on the service booklet

2 How do i get all the bass to the sub instead of it beign reproduced along the other speakers?

3) Does the existing(non Bose) system have a built-in crossover ? if so where would it be located?

4) Jacobs has a product that can be connected ot the exisitng wiring to add an RCA Audio in to the system. i need this for the new Capruter ive built. Although im a little worried about the port of the VAG controller. Will there any problems if i splice the wires? I believe there connected in some way.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 23, 2006]
    1. Yes a 4 digit number, should be on the radio card
    2. You can't without installing crossovers to all speakers, just turn the bass down to -2 and whack up the sub a bit.
    3. The Xover is in the sub amp, not sure where that is on an A8, should be inside the sub if there are a bunch of wires running to it (power, earth, remote on and the pre-outs), otherwise it'll be on the rear amp as this is used to power the rears & the sub.
    4. No idea what your on about. You can pick up the rear pre-outs where they enter the rear amp. Alternatively you can disconnect the rear amp and use an RCA adapter at the HU and run proper RCA's to the rear.