1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you put a b7 front end on a b6 ?

S23 Aug 17, 2012

1. S23

S23 Member

as above really is it possible ? can you just buy the bits and switch over or is it more complicated

i know its not to everybody's taste and some will say why make a car look like what it isn't but I'm interested in doing it

cheers :)

2. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

yer you can, use the serch button mate,

3. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

As in the body work/ lights etc? It's been done before by a few people. One dude on here wrote about it, have a search though as I can't remember his name and think he's now moved on.

Just buy a b7, they're cheap enough these days ha. Then you'll have the benefit of the PD engine (assuming you have a diesel) with the looks of a b7.

4. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

(B6's had PD engines too)

As Turkster said, search the forum, someone has done it with photos... only non- direct swap bit is the wings - you need to chop them and the front of the B7 wing gets welded onto the back of the B6 wing.

howdy quattro likes this.
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

6. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Yeah, just re read my post and it was confusing ha! I meant the b6 has the PD engine, and the b7 doesn't (as far as i'm aware).

I'd just stick with a b6 front end and spend my money elsewhere. :)