1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you make clutch-pedal-action feel lighter?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by VAGMAN1, Mar 6, 2006.

1. VAGMAN1

VAGMAN1 Member

[Mar 6, 2006]
    the clutch pedal on my TDI feels a bit stiff compared to other cars I drive - can I do anything to make it feel lighter e.g. grease a cable?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 1, 2014]

3. chrisb

chrisb Member

[Mar 6, 2006]
    No, It's hydraulic. To add to the bad news, if it's getting very heavy it could be on the way out.....
  4. VAGMAN1

VAGMAN1 Member

[Mar 6, 2006]
    how easy are new clutches to fit on an A3?
  5. chrisb

chrisb Member

[Mar 6, 2006]
    Allegedly not that hard, but I wouldn't want to do it at home. I've changed Polo and small-engined golf clutches, but the gearbox in your TDI is quite big and heavy for a start.

With a fully-equipped garage and hoist, probably not too bad. On a driveway, hard work.
  6. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 6, 2006]
    Might not be too bad actually - I've got an 02A sat in my garage which is very similar (near identical in fact) to an 02J and i can lift that easily on my own - around 40kg. If there is someone helping you, and you can support the box then you could prob do it on your driveway...however, i'd personally get it done by someone who has the equipment and save yoursrlf a whole lot of trouble!

Rich