Can you disable the alarm

Vertigo1

Reaction score
I've got a reoccurrence of an issue whereby the boot latch microswitch is faulty and keeps tripping, setting the alarm off. I thus have no choice but to leave the car unlocked until I can get it to a dealer.

What I want to know is whether there's any way of locking the car without arming the alarm?

I've tried locking it with the key rather than the remote and, promisingly, the indicators don't flash and the led indicator on the top of the dash doesn't flash at all, which suggests no alarm. Despite this, if I leave it the alarm will go off at a random time later, as if the alarm is armed regardless of the above indicators not being enabled.

It seems absurd that I have no way of locking the car without arming the alarm and I shall rant about this to the dealer when I see them.

The switches are on the trailing edge of the driver's door on the A3 - one to disable the movement sensors and one for the tilt sensor - just press them so the LED lights then close the door and lock as normal. I use these when locking the car on a ferry or channel tunnel for example.

As for my original post, I never did find a way of locking without arming the alarm.