1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you disable the alarm

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Vertigo1, May 2, 2010.

1. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[May 2, 2010]
    I've got a reoccurrence of an issue whereby the boot latch microswitch is faulty and keeps tripping, setting the alarm off. I thus have no choice but to leave the car unlocked until I can get it to a dealer.

What I want to know is whether there's any way of locking the car without arming the alarm?

I've tried locking it with the key rather than the remote and, promisingly, the indicators don't flash and the led indicator on the top of the dash doesn't flash at all, which suggests no alarm. Despite this, if I leave it the alarm will go off at a random time later, as if the alarm is armed regardless of the above indicators not being enabled.

It seems absurd that I have no way of locking the car without arming the alarm and I shall rant about this to the dealer when I see them.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Feb 11, 2011]
    I'd like to bump this.

I sometimes leave the dog in the car whilst I nip into the shops and she's always setting the alarm off... would be handy.
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 11, 2011]
    If its a dog, you can press the button to disable the interior sensors on the B pillar.
  5. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Feb 11, 2011]
    The switches are on the trailing edge of the driver's door on the A3 - one to disable the movement sensors and one for the tilt sensor - just press them so the LED lights then close the door and lock as normal. I use these when locking the car on a ferry or channel tunnel for example.

As for my original post, I never did find a way of locking without arming the alarm.