Can you convert rear seats from 4 seater to 5???

pickers1977

Reaction score
Hi - hopefully someone can help - have an A5 sportback 4 seater - but now need a 5 seater!!! or will do soon - don't want to sell it so wondered if anyone knows whether the bench seat can be fitted, if so - is it Audi garage job??? Any help appreciated

I also have an SB.

Part of the problem is insurance and persuading the DVLC to reclassify the car as a 5-seater.

As far as I am aware many have looked into it but no-one has done it. I have to use the wife's Golf to transport 5 people.

This is an interesting thread . Looking at some of the part numbers I can't help thinking that the rear Centre seats belt from an A4 Avant might do the job

Last edited:
I also have an SB.

Part of the problem is insurance and persuading the DVLC to reclassify the car as a 5-seater.

As far as I am aware many have looked into it but no-one has done it. I have to use the wife's Golf to transport 5 people.

This is an interesting thread . Looking at some of the part numbers I can't help thinking that the rear Centre seats belt from an A4 Avant might do the job

It seems that one would need the centre seat belt 8K0857807, double belt latch 8K0857739, some bolts N98926303 plus some other bolts plus the information on how to mount it.