1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you by pass the imobliser

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by malachybrowne, Dec 30, 2008.

1. malachybrowne

malachybrowne New Member

[Dec 30, 2008]
    Hi please help the imobliser has broke on my audi a4 18t sport 1996 and i have ordered a new key and barrel from audi but im going to have to wait a week for new new key and barrel so is there any way of getting the old girl to run before the part comes ie (hot wire it) and how. please help as i have no wheels malachy xxx:redrs4:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 29, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 30, 2008]
    Not without tracing through your engine harness & making a right mess of things as its all electronically linked & you'd have to remove this link 1st & that I'm afraid is alot of work
  4. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR

[Jan 4, 2009]
    there is a way but you have to reflash the ECU this can be done by alot of companies out there
  5. malachybrowne

malachybrowne New Member

[Jan 7, 2009]
    i am still waiting for the new barrel and key and i rang the main dealer audi in exeter and they keep telling me its being made in germany and is on its way so fed up no car. its been two weeks waiting now:sob:
  6. Tony Cliffe

Tony Cliffe New Member

[Jun 8, 2009]
    why is the key you have damaged? if not i don,t see how a new barrell and key will cure the problem with the immobiliser?if the barrel is the fault then this can be fixed,

tony cliffe (locksmith)
  7. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[Jun 8, 2009]
    I hope no-one actually answers this openly on the forum, i.e. please tell me how to steal your cars please...:tapedshut: