Can the CEl light light up due to bad fuel ?

Sevv

Pushing the limits..
Reaction score
As the title says guys had the CEL light up on me the car was completely find no beeps whats so every.. engine revved and sounded just fine; can anyone shed some light on this please please.. quite worried , thank you and im grateful for any help

p.s. i usede 98 Octane always

BWA engined A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro 2007 model ITG CAI, Rev-D DV, forge short shifter

Last edited:
I bet its ITG pipes not sitting properly, have a look at all of the clamps or get someone to scan it via VCDS.

hey mate, thanks allot for the heads up... turned out the pipe was off the turbo half way so i put it back on and got some clips as it didnt have any clips! (****** workshop) drove it like that for 2 days thankfully nothing bad happened i hope!

however when i took the pipe off to put it back on there was no oil on the pipes themselves neither the turbo as i run my hand in there... but saw a ****** big puddle of engine oil on the drivers side i got a few pictures...

i know im missing one clip tightened it too much it broke, so ill be getting on tomorrow ASAP .. the pics of the CAI hope you can tell if everything if sitting right.
20130717_210618_zps514a68b7.jpg

20130717_210630_zps341fc538.jpg

20130717_210646_zps37b60993.jpg

anybody? any thoughts i have a feeling that oil leak is coming from the oil return pipe and its leaking badly... the oil is dripping right smack in the middle of the sump..

anyone at all?

got it on a hoist today at a mates workshop seem to be coming from the discharge pipe to the Intercooler...and the turbo oil feed..

been getting conflicting information from workshops saying might be turbo seals ; though i said i had no smoke coming out the back end, only to be told even there is no smoke the seals can go...

would appreciate a response as i trust this forum more then any workshop if im honest unfortunately

you cant run the car without properly fitted intake buddy. It will cause car to have a boost leak leading it runing lean which could've caused excessive fuel consumption and turbo/engine damage in long term. A bit of oil gets to the intake through recirculation pipe and this is what you see it in the intlet piping. However if a car runs lean it will produce more oil due to higher fuel consumption overall trying to compensate high amount of air coming in.

Reactions: Sevv
you cant run the car without properly fitted intake buddy. It will cause car to have a boost leak leading it running lean which could've caused excessive fuel consumption and turbo/engine damage in long term. A bit of oil gets to the intake through recirculation pipe and this is what you see it in the inlet piping. However if a car runs lean it will produce more oil due to higher fuel consumption overall trying to compensate high amount of air coming in.

hello Red, well aware of that and appreciate the reply mate.. just been down to check on the car haven't had a leak to be fair although when i took the CAI off had no oil there was dry along with the Turbo....it would still not matter and is just excess oil? running through the system.. as i haven't changed the PCV system neither have a catch can..

this issue was there for two days (drove it for around 50-60miles) if im honest and yday the car was down on power so... explains that issue sorted it went for a drive no problems no CEL light either i

if it has no leak then fine but make sure you put a clamp back on. Some oil can be sometimes spotted but very little so it looks like you're fine now and not need to worry. When mine was running lean I had plenty of oil inside turbo hosing where recirculation pipe goes on but now all is nice and fairly dry.

Hello Red, i hope so.. its going to my trusted workshop on sunday just to be safe and inspect it... its just that i didn't know where the oil came from as i just fiddled with the CAI honestly, it was a tight fit to put the CAI pipe onto the turbo inlet so applied a fair bit of pressure and clamped it.

little update on the issue.. turned out to be a Cam seal near the Timing belt, my timing belt cracked no damage to the engine though, so now gotta change the tensioner roller, seals, water pump, cam cover gasket and the VVTI gasket along with the timing belt... amazing what oil can do to the belt though only 10k miles OLD!

oh and my clutch is gone too which is a double whammy for me

sometimes i wonder why i own an Audi :crying: