1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone tell me where the Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor lives?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by AudiS3-Turbo, Aug 6, 2010.

1. AudiS3-Turbo

AudiS3-Turbo Member

as above,mine is playing up and i dont know were it lives?

cheers
  2. S3 TAM

S3 TAM Pocket now empty

dont hold me to this but i think its some where behind the dash or around steering wheel.
    Again not 100% sure.
  3. finesse

finesse Active Member

4. ben_turbo1

ben_turbo1 Member

Think prefacelift cars have both the longitundinal and latteral ones under the steering and on facelift cars the longitudinal one is behind the glove box on a golden metal bracket.
  5. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

passenger side, behind and a bit under the glove box. If you are sitting in the passenger seat, it will be just around your left knee.

lol i cant describe better
  6. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

mine is broken, I think it is located in the passenger wheel arch, on just behind the shocks. you can't miss it. I could be wrong.
  7. AudiS3-Turbo

AudiS3-Turbo Member

Fantastic info folks thanks :icon_thumright: tried to reset them but in vagcom the on/off does not work and i use the full registered ross tech cable etc,but on the audi forum he uses the older 311 version? its not a permanent fault,the light comes on every now and again,logs no codes unless you plug it in to vagcom before switching the ignition off.

Still i have a old cable at work so will give it a go,thanks again folks!
  8. zseth

zseth Member

Hi mate, i literally just cured this problem on my 2001 AMK S3, i replaced the lateral sensor as this was gone on mine and if you follow the instructions on ross tech it will hopefully reset, if not im afraid you might have to change it and is known as YAW sensor (i think), when you follow instructions and you go to basic settings then choose 066 for example and press 'go' that is what resets it. i didnt have a on off button either,

it is mounted under the steering wheel on the steering column drivers side obviously (thats if your car is 2001 or above)

hope this helps