can someone confirm i have fitted my sprintboster correctly??

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
fitted my sprint booster today and hopefully i have fitted it correctly as if not ime sure the car would let me know with some warning light but just fort ide check with anyone on here who has one fitted.

so anyways if u follow the accelerator pedal to where i hinges from there is the box of tricks that i am imagining is the sensor and on top of this there is a 6 pin plug that i removed and put the sprint booster in its place and then plugged the 6 pin plug that i dissconnected on top of the sprint booster??

with no fitting instructions supplied fort it was best to check its fitted ok with someone on here>??

thanks.

p.s. will let you know how i get on with the sprint booster once ive driven it about for a little bit over the weekend.

I wouldn't honestly be able to tell you. I thought it plugged into the OBD port. Obviously not. Let us all know how good it is. Cheers

Craigybaby37_A3quattro said:
p.s. will let you know how i get on with the sprint booster once ive driven it about for a little bit over the weekend.
Yeah, be good to hear what you think of it.

from what ive know from takin the car for a quick 2 minuite spin the car feels completely different. the throttle is sooooo much more responsive when puling away ect i was accidently launching out of junctions its that responsive.

aint half as much lag as before either in all gears aswell so looking to be a good little buy.

will make my final decision over weekend but so far so good.

I've heard they are good at eliminating lag but want to know how it does this before I buy one. Does it keep the turbo spinning? Are they supposed to be 100% safe?

Probs abit late but yeah you've got it fitted right mate... great little devise aren't they?!

When customers come for remaps or fitting we've said to a few of them, "let me just try something on your car and see if you like it, if you do then buy it, if not then don't... simple as." Not one person hasn't bought one!

:icon_thumright:

Aky said:
I've heard they are good at eliminating lag but want to know how it does this before I buy one. Does it keep the turbo spinning? Are they supposed to be 100% safe?

I'm keen to know how it works also, it obviously intercepts the throttle signal and modifys it somehow so wouldn't damage anything.

Mines REALLY fast already. Like instant instant instant.

Mind, it is operated via a cable :)

Organic throttle response.
Brilliant...

Better than many electronic boxes of crap trying (and failing) to emulate a good old cable.

0% pedal = 0% throttle opening.
100% pedal = 100% throttle opening.
Great...
Worked for years...

Now, if only they could get a turbocharged petrol car to stick to the 0% throttle opening = 0% power and 100% throttle opening = 100% power instead of damn great slugs of torque here and there with no linearity, then I may be tempted to get another turbo petrol car!

Exactly, and the sprintbooster is only for DBW cars.

No need for us with the pikey models as they already respond as quick as the DBW models do with the sprintbooster fitted...

I'll have one if we can get a Group buy. You can get them for £160 delivered off Ebay so not going to pay anymore.

I'd still be keen to hear a technical explanation of how it works. If it looks to good to be true etc etc...

As far as I know, it opens the electronic throttle further than the car would normally open it, for a given movement of the pedal.
Opens it faster and further...which makes the car respond better...and then I'd assume it backs off to the required position once the car has had the chance to wake up and respond.

I believe it can be written into the code when re-mapping too...basically it's just fooling the ECU into thinking the driver is pressing the accellerator more....which gives the impression of a better response.

The same could be done by mashing the pedal down quick...but being DBW, the damn thing will only open the throttle plate at the speed it's been told to by the code...the very thing this little device speeds up, as far as I can tell.

What am I thinking of that rally cars use that have the turbo spinning all the time? Anti-lag / Launch control :S

I know they can cause damage. I guess this is not one of those then! Nor do I have a rally car!

ICE

vanilla_ice said:
What am I thinking of that rally cars use that have the turbo spinning all the time? Anti-lag / Launch control :S

I know they can cause damage. I guess this is not one of those then! Nor do I have a rally car!

ICE

Think you mean a misfiring system that keeps the turbo spinning between gear changes on rally cars.

seems to be a fair ammount of interest in these little gadgets so heres what i think of it.........

does exactly what it says on the tin.....no more or no less so all in all a good little buy i think.

reduces lag a little bit but obviously wont completely eliminate it as its the nature of a turbo to have lag. The car feels so mush more positive in all gears and more so in 3rd and 4th when accelerating up from 20 - 30mph. you only need to place ur foot a little more on the throttle and it instantly picks up and want to get moving.

The trouble i had before the device was fitted was at its worst when pulling out of junctions....sometimes the car felt like it just didnt want to rev and others it would be ok but the problem has since gone with the spring booster fitted. And also when reving the car you would let your foot of the clutch and the revs would just die but again this problem has no been cured.

as it goes for fitting i was supplied with no instructions but only took me half hour to fit finding where it was to be fitted and removing the dash under the steering wheel.

so from my point of view ime glad i splashed out £165 for it......am going to give it a few weeks of driving then remove it to compare how bad it was driving without it.

if anyone got any question feel free to ask me.

Thanks for the write up. I'll be interested to hear your experiences.

My only queries at the moment would be:

Has it reduced your MPG?

Do you think it is more likely to wear the clutch out any quicker by providing more aggressive starts? I know it will depend on your driving style, but even when sensible driving. You mentioned accidently launching away from junctions...

Has your car been remapped?

Cheers,

ICE

from what i know so far my mgp hasnt changed at all as it all depends on how ime feeling to how i drive the car. and as for wearing the clutch with aggresive starts that was purely by accident as the car felt that diff to drive but all it ok now as ive got used to it and pulling out of junctions canbe done normally without the car getting carried away but if u are after a more aggresive start the option is always there.

And yes the car has been re-mapped which was more reason for me to buy the sprint booster as throttle response was very bad after the map but its all cured now.

2 questions - When is payment needed by? and why didn't Audi put these things on as standard?