1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can my car be put back to standard after a remap???

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Craigybaby37_A3quattro, May 24, 2008.

1. Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Craigybaby37_A3quattro Member

Ime toying with the idea of selling my car and upgrading to an s3 and my mum is interested in buying my car from me.

However this is where the subject title comes into it can the car be put back to standard or tuned down a bit so its not so aggresive as she wouldnt want as mush power as it currently has which is just under 200bhp at the wheels.

Would it have to be jabba sport who take the map off the car of could this be done elsewhere???
  2. Essflee

Essflee Active Member

Depend's who and what sort of map the car has got....
    To be fair tho, my old A3 had 194bhp and i wouldn't of thought there's any point taking the map off, it was a quicker with it on, but not dangerously quick.
    You only go as fast as your left foot allows......
  3. Essflee

Essflee Active Member

Sorry mate, just realised your've rit 200 at the wheels...mine didn't have that !!!! seems a lot at the wheels tho !!!
  4. HTC

HTC Active Member

You can turn down boost via, lemmiwinks, unitronic or cutom settings software yourself via the diag port if your car is DBW, but jabbasport can remove it if required. They save your original code to replace I believe. Other companies can also remove, but you might have to pay.
  5. Shy19s

Shy19s Oil running through my veins.

They can just remove the files they have put on there, I think it takes abit of time but shouldnt be that difficult, a friend of mine had a "chip" put on his but when he took it to get it mapped, they took the old chip off by removing the files, back to standard and then putting the more advance map onto it.
    Or another way, possibly replace the ECU with a standard one, keep the remapped one or sell it for alot of money... Would this work guys? provided he got the right ECU for his engine code?
  6. Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Craigybaby37_A3quattro Member

thanks for the replys people at leat i know it should be possible to do. still my mum might not buy the car from me as yet so might not need putting back to standar i can use it as a selling point for when i come to sell it.
  7. abdus

abdus Top Gear

is it not possible to put another used standard ECU? (as said above)
  8. h100vw

h100vw Member

Yes, but you need to align the immobiliser with the key. Not sure if that's a dealer job or one you can do with VAG-COM alone.

Gavin
  9. HTC

HTC Active Member

There is an ECU swapping proceedure outlined on ross-tech website.

If it's immobiliser 3 then you would need the key code to log into the dash - dealer job. If immobiliser 2 then I think it's possible with vag-com. Do you still have the original key fob as there is a plastic scratch off panel that has the code on it. If so, you are good to go whatever type of immobiliser you have.
  10. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Jabba will put there maps back to standard for you for free mate if thats what you want mate.
  11. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Craig why put it back to standard? I'm totally bewildered..is your mum a headcase behind the wheel? the power is hardly warp speed is it