1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use Menzerna 203S on my headlights?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by crazypainter, Feb 6, 2011.

1. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Feb 6, 2011]
    Want to give my headlights a bit of a clean up. Seeing if there anything i have in the flat already I can use. I have some Menzerna 203S that i havent cracked open yet but wondering if this is ok or too cutting? Also kicking about i have some Zymol cleaner wax, AG Car glass polish, Meguiars Deep Crystal paint Cleaner. Any of these in combination any good? I should point out I also have the Werkstat Acrylic Kit.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

[Feb 6, 2011]
    are you using it with a machine i.e DA or rotary?? you can use anything on the headlights to polish up a little but the benefit from using a machine is where you will see the gains but yes yoiu can use 203 on them mate
  4. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Feb 6, 2011]
    Elbow grease only !!! Mind you weather has turne a bit ***** so think I will just stick with an interior clean.
  5. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

[Feb 6, 2011]
    like i said mate to get the benefit out of it you need a machine. but go for it and see what you think anyway
  6. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

[Feb 6, 2011]
    This is the difference when using a Rotary or DA.

Rear Light example

BEFORE.
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]
  7. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

[Feb 6, 2011]
    I need to give my headlights some attention aswell. It looks like theres dirt/dust on the inside but surely this can be possible as its a sealed unit? Its not visible in daylight but looks terrible at night. Im hoping its small stone chips that can be removed with the DA
  8. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Feb 6, 2011]
    I was under the impression that I could you this polish by hand with a Lake country light cut hand pad. I hope that i can????
  9. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

[Feb 7, 2011]
    Yes, this'll be fine: it'll be more difficult than working by machine but if you put in the effort then you'll see good results.

Polycarbonate headlight covers are generally quite soft and only need polished - there seems to be a trend for wetsanding them but in most cases it's completely unnecessary.

:)