1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I move isofix brackets?

Moor Oct 15, 2012

1. Moor

Moor Member

I have only one isofix rail attached to my car and of course it would be on the opposite side to where I want it. I will only need to use on one side so don't want to buy another rail, can I safely move it to the other seat without issues? Do I need new bolts or thread lock?

2. Silky

Silky Member

I don't think they can be moved at all, they are secured to the floor pan and I also think they are slightly different sizes and shapes from side to side.

Either use the side it's currently on, or pop to Audi and get one side retro-fitted

3. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

They are different parts specific to each side. I think they can be removed though but I fitted my Audi ones

4. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

They're just bolted in, but are specific for each side of the car: so they can be removed, but not moved.... if you want it on the other side, they're not that expensive and you can just retrofit one on the other side: all cars have the bolt holes and if you only have one, then it was a retrofit already.

5. Moor

Moor Member

Thanks all, I'm familiar with how they fit, just a couple of bolts behind the seats so fitting is no problem, I was just hoping to avoid buying another one but I guess I have no option. Thanks for the replies.

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

7. Moor

Moor Member

Many thanks James. Presumably left side is near side?

8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Yes it is.

9. Moor

Moor Member

I ordered the isofix bar and bolts for just under £58 from tps if anyone is interested in a current price.