1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i get a button replaced on my Audi stereo?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by shaggy, Jul 23, 2008.

1. shaggy

shaggy New Member

[Jul 23, 2008]
    right, one of the buttons on my Audi stereo has had the FM writing flaked off. Being the purist that I am, apart from a DIY tippex solution, is there any way I can replace this to maintain the great interior and exterior looks of my car ? :)

:detective2:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

[Jul 24, 2008]
    I dont think you have any chance mate unless you get hold of a busted stereo. Audi will not have sub-components for an outsourced item, they arent manufactured by them and you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new stereo, then sell yours on ebay.
  4. jamie_a4

jamie_a4 New Member

[Jul 25, 2008]
    i phoned up preston audi yesterday, for a new volume button as the finish has perished a little, and they are £8 each plus vat, dont know if they do the FM button but worth a try.
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 25, 2008]
    To be fair the volume knob is just a push on/pull off standard knob, not sure if the FM button is quite as easy to change.
  6. samuelt

samuelt Member

[Jul 25, 2008]
    just out of intrest what state is your ESP (traction control) button in? the front of mine is bubbled.
  7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 25, 2008]
    Theres an advert in this months AudiDriver mag for a place that repairs Audi stereos, I will dig it out and post the link if anyone requires it.
  8. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

[Jul 26, 2008]
    a few of my buttons are worn thru to the white, like the window switches, youve got me thinking now lol :)

Seriously tho i doubt you will get the fm button, and even if you do the stereo will require major dismantling to fit it, you can count on that :(