1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Fit a BAM Rocker Cover to APY?

RyanS3TT Mar 6, 2012

1. RyanS3TT

RyanS3TT Member

Hello,

Anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks Ryan

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Yes you can but you may have to change to push in coils packs... if you intend to run TFSI or other then go for it...

<tuffty/>

3. RyanS3TT

RyanS3TT Member

That was my next question...

I have the TFSI Coils and this just seems the better choice... Are you running yours without spacers Tuffty?

Thanks Ryan

4. RyanS3TT

RyanS3TT Member

Just won a BAM cover from a 2002 TT...

Are the Gaskets any different between 1.8T Range.. i.e my APY / BAM / AGU etc

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Yes but I will be using some once Bill has got them made....

Nope... cam cover gaskets are the same across the range...

<tuffty/>

6. RyanS3TT

RyanS3TT Member

Brilliant, Ill see about ordering one now. Ever reused rocker gasket? as Ill have two to choose from?

a4 1.8T gaskets seem cheaper - Tuffty.. How do you know so much? haha.

7. <tuffty/>

I have reused ones where I know they have been changed recently and look in good nick (my own for example) but if its never been done then change them as they go hard and leak...

...over 3 years of answering questions like these LOL ;P (...and Google...)

<tuffty/>

8. RyanS3TT

RyanS3TT Member

I see, I better purchase one then, I think £15 on ebay, Ill get my friend that works for audi to get a price, but i dont think its gonna be great.

Im looking forward to getting the TFSI Coils in.. Although i have 3 Ds and an F. - think ill jsut keep eyes peeled for Fs one by one