Can I change the bulbs in the dash headlight switch?

Westy

Reaction score
One of the bulbs has gone in my dash headlight switch and I wanted to replace it. I know you remove the whole switch unit by pressing the dial in then turning to the right and pull it out but I had trouble disconnecting the wires.

Does anyone know how to disconnect the cables on the left of the back of the switch module and also can the bulbs be got at?

Hope this make sense!

I have this problem too, so i'd be curious on how to replace it.

I had another look in my lunch break and I just cant detach the wiring! I did notice there is a screw which im guessing once removed will allow access from under the cubby hole under the switch. I'll have another crack when its light tomorrow.

i have this problem aswell, ill try removing the switch later.

do you turn the dial as though you are turning the head lights on??

mines a a4 i would think they are the same though.

I was going to try and fix mine but just got a second hand switch off eBay instead.

Just to let you all know that Audi charge £80 for the whole unit! My mate at work has just bought an S3 and all the black coating has come off around the switch dial so he enquired.

£80?! Its annoying me but its not annoying me that much! Might see if I can get a replacement from the scrappy.

I had another look in my lunch break and I just cant detach the wiring! I did notice there is a screw which im guessing once removed will allow access from under the cubby hole under the switch. I'll have another crack when its light tomorrow.

Alright mate,
you have obviously sussed out the push and turn to get the switch out the dash, all you then need to do is kinda work the switch and loom about carefully pulling it gently until the copnnectors are just this side of the dash.

once you can see the back of the connectors there is a little plastic clip at each end of each connector, just push these in towards the middle and it will come off with a bit of a pull.
same for the smaller connector.

as for the screw in the cubby I don't think that the cubby comes off itself at least it doesn't in mine, the screw is one of about 6/7 to remove that whole section of dash from the centre console across under the column across to the fuseboard.