1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can everyone chill out a bit?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Silky-S3, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

I've been on this forum for nearly 5 years and in that time I've never come across so much infighting, bickering, people being purposely unhelpful, and one-up-man-ship as on this 8V section!

The 8P section was a lot nicer place to be. It putting me off contributing to the forum:(

Can we all chill and play nicely?
    c.grex, cemerson, Daveotto and 4 others like this.
  2. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

what happend?:D
  3. Silky-S3

Nothing specific, just the general vibe! Maybe its just me...
  4. CraigI

CraigI Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with lively debate.
  5. geefunk1978

geefunk1978 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not been on here that long but there seems to be a couple of folks that are purposely argumentative. I guess some people have got nothing better to do with there time.
    I for one have found this forum (8P & 8V) very helpful and informative and I hope people find my posts the same. I guess you always get a couple of people who just want to have a go at people.
    Silky-S3 likes this.
  6. Silky-S3

I totally agree, but people just trying to sh*t stir is no good.
  7. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Member

Sometimes all is not what it seems.

I'm sure generally it's nice :)
    TFSI likes this.
  8. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I agree. I've been a member of the various A3 forums for almost 10 years and have always enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sure sometimes some comments come over as more 'pointed' than the member posting really meant. I must admit, although I still have an 8P A3 I find the 8V forum much more enjoyable these days and everyone is driving a relatively new car rather than trying to mod an older car.

The worst thing is when some members think there are only two views, their's and the wrong one!!
  9. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Member

I agree, unfortunately the written word can be interpreted the wrong way. Hopefully it's been a blip as forums are a great source if useful info
    PilotAudi and h5djr like this.
  10. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Its sometimes hard to tell the difference. We can all be guilty of reading some posts and interpretting it differently from the way it actually is. We all just need to stay chilled and enjoy the forum for what it is, The best audi forum, where we all help each other out, have a source of amazing knowledge of the audi brand and all free in one place, a good community spirit where we all help where we can. :) x
    c.grex, 97catalunya, cuke2u and 6 others like this.
  11. snakehips

snakehips Active Member

I've noticed this too over the past couple of weeks and did consider leaving. Hoping it's a blip. I know I've been misinterpreted a few times but that's just the nature of the written word. But I say to all of you that everything I write is with a big smile on my face and that I regard you all as my extended Audi family.
    Love and hugs.
    x
  12. Leeber

Leeber Member

Group hug everyone?

No seriously, I agree. We should all be focussing on what we have in common, our interest in a great car.
  13. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

Informative forum with a few nobbers. Nothing new here then :)
    geefunk1978 likes this.
  14. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

Totally agree, vibe on this forum has changed over the last month or so, to the point I feel at times I can't be bothered......healthy debate is fine but too many people are deliberately argumentative and think they are 100% right all the time......perhaps they should all go and buy another premium brand!!!
  15. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Agree with you Dave.. but not 100% convinced there is another premium brand ... ;-) Audi is best !!
  16. ABYSS

ABYSS Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK Site Sponsor

theyll fit in perfectly with the blue propeller brigade :)
  17. MBK

MBK Active Member

Hi all, I frequent the RS3 section but noticed the thread. In my experience this is the friendliest and most helpful of all the various brand forums. Sure you get the odd strange response. I've overstepped the mark with a written comment once or twice myself and I just think its best to genuinely apologise quickly and move on.

I'm lucky enough to have met most of the people in the RS3 forum and that helps too. Stick with the forum I doubt you'll find better.
  18. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Active Member

Says the one who's quick to judge others but their ownhttp://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/204498-my-brodit-holder.html#post2030537
  19. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

There's a difference between an opinion and just being nasty, and that is clearly an example of the former!
    Silky-S3 likes this.
  20. Fragup

Fragup Member

Unfortunately I think your right, but hopefully just. A blip.I really do feel you can gain a massive amount for information and help before you order from this forum (& after), it helped me so much getting my spec right, picking the right engine for me & what to expect in the real world and then made me realise I could get a decent discount. So both cost and and saved me money.If you new to the forum, keep looking you and you will Find out what you need to know, but will probably tempt you to get a few extra on your spec to.
  21. JimmyH

JimmyH Member

Strange how some people act when on a forum, I'm almost certain they wouldn't be the same in person!! The keyboard gives so much power!!!
    PilotAudi, xrkt77 and ABYSS like this.
  22. misthills

misthills Member

For what it's worth, I've lurked in a large number of forums over the years, but this has been the first that I have actively participated in. From my perspective, I find this one of the most genuinely helpful and friendly about. There are a few folks who seem to be deliberately provocative (I suspect you know who you are) but I like the general vibe of the forum. I learn heaps every time come here to read what people are up to.
  23. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Hopefully now this matter has been raised the forum will return to being the friendly and helpful forum it is meant to be. Perhaps we should all just think for a minute about what we are 'typing' BEFORE we click the post button and accept that everyone it entitled to their own opinion.
    Belfin, 97catalunya, Silky-S3 and 3 others like this.
  24. Silky-S3

Exactly!
  25. JohnnyM100

JohnnyM100 Active Member

Really nice to see this thread Silky.

I have noticed this too and have stopped following several threads because of it.

Let's hope the Christmas good cheer and behaviour lasts into next year.

The other thing I have noticed is lots of threads being started with the same question as already listed lower on the page. It probably takes longer to start a new thread, title it and ask the question than it does to use the clearly marked search function. Don't really understand that approach.

Anyway, group hug time........

John.
  26. squiretolley

squiretolley Active Member

If we're not careful Bobwilson will make a reappearance!!
    Jeff777LUFC and mjcourtney like this.
  27. PjDali

PjDali Member

Ha! Never quite got the point he was trying to make on the 8V ended up ignoring his posts :)