1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone recommend a portable polisher?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by MikeA3, Apr 19, 2007.

1. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 19, 2007]
    I'm looking to get a polisher soon and have been thinking of a porter cable as they seem a popular choice amongst most members here. But, are they portable? (i.e battery operated - no rude pun intended) - just thinking of having to have extension cables running through the house and front garden in order for me to get to the car

If not - Are there any decent polishers that are cordless anyone could recommend?

Thanks in advance

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. MrJoshua

MrJoshua '98 A4 2.4 SE

[Apr 19, 2007]
    The PC is fantastic, but you need a 110v site transformer (the yellow box) to run it, so it works out fairly expensive.

There is a Dewalt random-orbital machine which is 240v and is meant to be almost as good.

You'll not remove any defects with any battery or 12v polishing machines I'm afraid.
  4. stan

stan Member

[Apr 19, 2007]
    I've got this one, the Cosmo, no good for correcting swirls /scratches, but for AIO or a light polish to clean things up, or waxing it works fairly well, it just takes all the hard work out of it & saves my arm.
    Any scratches or swirls i try to remove by hand with a German Pad & polish although i havent removed much it looks alot better.
    Then finish up with the Cosmo/Sonus SFX 2 pad & Prime AIO
    [​IMG]