Can anyone help?

lukens3

Reaction score
ive got a problem with my car and wondered if anyone could help,its a 2002 s3 , when ever i hit a bump or a little bit of water the rear end is really twichy also the snowflake symbol is always on ,anyone have any ideas ? many thanks
luke

The snowflake will always be on at 5degrees and below, as its cold at the mo, that could be the reason why, have you noticed it to be on above 5???

Also regarding the rear, have you checked the tread on the tyres, the air pressure, it could be many things...

The snowflake will always be on at 5degrees and below, as its cold at the mo, that could be the reason why, have you noticed it to be on above 5???

Also regarding the rear, have you checked the tread on the tyres, the air pressure, it could be many things...

oh didnt realise the snowflake was still at that degrees .will keep an eye on that , tyres are fine and pressures are fine .was thinking of taking it somewhere tomorrow to get it looked at,just needed some ideas .thanks
luke

I had a similar issue and still do to an extent but i found both rear springs were snapped.. Pretty common thing in the 8L im told?

Could be a snapped spring,

Or worn shocks...

Last edited:
I had a similar issue and still do to an extent but i found both rear springs were snapped.. Pretty common thing in the 8L im told?

oh thats not good . will try and get it looked at today .thanks
luke

If you jack the back end up you will be able to have a peer in at the springs and feel the base of them to see if they are snapped.. FYI my springs cost me £100 + fitting if i remember right.

I'd check the springs... I had the same symptoms and my rear springs had snapped. I have now decided to upgrade the springs and shocks all round. Will update you shortly.