1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help with airbag ecu & mfsw confusion

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Troubs12, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Troubs12

Troubs12 Member

[Nov 3, 2011]
    Hi guys I'm attempting to put together a install guide for safely fitting a multifunction steering wheel. I'm aware that to do this on earlier a3's a new airbag ecu and two wires need to be ran I know that in order to get it to work you need the appropriate slip ring, steering electronics ecu, airbag wiring loom my question is how do you find what airbag ecu is needed? I have checked in work on etka and it's about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. I have got a chassis of a vehicle with the airbag fitted I would prefer a way of checking that I've got the right one any help you guys could give would be fantastic cheers chaps
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Nov 4, 2011]
  4. Troubs12

Troubs12 Member

[Nov 4, 2011]
    Similar yeah but for retro fitting a mfsw and new airbag ecu and wiring ie for safety as I read around that if you don't in the event of a crash the drivers won't deploy as its a single stage system with a dual stage airbag fitted just trying to piece together the info for finding the right airbag ecu any ideas