1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help with A3 outdoor temperature gauge?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Kel, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Kel

Kel New Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    I have a 2003 audi A3, 1.9 TDI 130 SE. Can anyone tell me if the computer display should show the outdoor temperature? When I turn it on, it runs through all the checks, then the screen ges blank and nothing shows up. The handbook seems to suggest that temperature should be shown, but does anyone know? ALso, what could be wrong?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Apr 2, 2008]
    I am assuming that the display worked prior to that, or have you just bought the car?
  4. Kel

Kel New Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    Just bought the car, and the previous owner said it has never worked. I'm assuming there would be a sensor somewhere outside the car that I could physically look for - but I dunno where to even start!
  5. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Apr 2, 2008]
    If I remember correctly the temp gauge is infront of the radiator, you should be able to see if through the front grille...(there are picturs on here somewhere, do a search). It may be simply not connected, but I am sure someone will be on soon to show you the way....Good luck.
  6. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    There is a button under the right hand stalk. Press that and see if the display appears.
  7. concoursneil

concoursneil Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    The sensor for outside temp is in front bumper right at bottom on the passenger side facing downwards towards the road. you will see a small round plastic grommet if you pop that out that is the sensor. you will feel a wire connected to it
  8. MgHart

MgHart Member

[Apr 3, 2008]
    If the sensor was faulty would it not through up errors with vagcom ? or just show a strange temperature display. Sister in law has an earlier A3 with a similar problem.
    There is no button on any stalk to switch off this display I think this option was only available on later models with bigger screens.

Granny and sucking eggs but.......... have you checked all the fuses ?

Good Luck

Mike