1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help me out? Need a locking wheel nut socket.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Slinger, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Slinger

Slinger Member

The lovely chaps at my local tyre centre have managed to bugger up my locking wheel nut socket by using it on their air drill :applaus: and I cant get my wheels off now. Ive telephoned my local Audi centre but they want between £10 to £35 for a replacement :wtf: and Im not prepared to pay that ridiulous amount just for a socket!

Im just wondering if anyone has a spare or one they no longer need that they would be willing to sell to me, its code Y?

many thanks.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. coyote

coyote Member

Ive got the one that came with the car but there are no codes on it. Its got about 20 teeth

[​IMG]

4. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

please see my post on this im having a nitemare i have just bought a new key today at a cost of £20 i have code Q on my adaptor

5. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

coyote the code should be on the top its just a single letter stamped on the top

6. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

They saw you coming. I only paid £11.95 for a new key for mine a little while ago.

7. coyote

coyote Member

Mine has ABC 7 stamped on the top

8. Macduff

Macduff Member

Has the tyre centre admitted their fault? If so then get them to replace the nuts.

I had a similar problem a couple of months back. I'd had the car serviced and they'd overtightened the wheel nuts. I could shift the normal ones but the locking nuts were slightly rounded off. They managed to get them off eventually with their air wrench and they replaced them with a set of McGuards.

9. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

I agree with macduff, Get them to sort it, after all they buggered it!

10. Slinger

Slinger Member

I cant prove it though and I certainly cant be bothered argueing the case with them. My local Audi dealer has ordered one for me and said he would charge me £26 for it.

11. (M)AK

(M)AK New Member

You can purchase a spare / replacement VAG wheel locking nut key from www.zakparts.com - cheaper than the dealers prices!

12. DIY Boy

DIY Boy New Member

Thanks so much for that - been h8unting everywhere for a replacement key.

Much appreciated