1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone explain this??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by DJ-S3, Dec 10, 2011.

1. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

[Dec 10, 2011]
    Recently when i've started my car after it's warm (like i've just popped into a shop for a few minutes) when i come to start the car a warning light on my dash comes up saying my left rear parking light is out. But it isn't. It only stops flashing that when i've pulled the keys out and left the car sat for a little longer, then when i start the engine it says it's fine.

Can anyone help? Audi S3 56plate.

Cheers Dom
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. DaveyB

DaveyB No misfires.

[Dec 10, 2011]
    Have you upgraded any of your bulbs...for instance LED sidelights?

If so I am 99% sure this is your problem - had something very similar only my warning light was front left turn signal. Replaced LED sidelights back to Phillips Blue Vision and no errors since.

** just to add I am specifically talking about LED bulbs, not chromed bulbs etc.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
    Dannykn9 likes this.
  4. macpdm

macpdm Member

[Dec 10, 2011]
    I think I read somewhere about corroded/dirty bulb contacts possibly causing issues like this
  5. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

[Dec 10, 2011]
    Got side lights with resistors and drls with resistors and all the interior lights but haven't changed any in the back of the car.
  6. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

[Dec 10, 2011]
    Might have to try this tomorrow but it doesn't always do it, only done it twice but it's just started to annoy me thinking about it. Ha
  7. DaveyB

DaveyB No misfires.

[Dec 10, 2011]
    Might be worth taking out and cleaning/replacing but it sounds suspiciously like an error caused by the resistance of LED's.

Take it the bulb works perfectly?
  8. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

[Dec 10, 2011]
    Yeah bulb work perfectly. Me and a friend of mine spent 5minutes trying to figure out where my rear parking light was. Ha. I thought it was just your side lights but all my lights were working so we began to think otherwise. Ha
  9. Hanz

Hanz Member

[Dec 11, 2011]
    Im getting the same thing with the "front right dipped head light" message coming up for no reason on the top of the DIS... i found just turning the traction control on and off cleared the error from my screen and all is fine.
  10. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

[Dec 11, 2011]
    It's the interior LED lights that cause it when the dimming function activates. It causes the rear lights to flicker when you unlock the car causing the bulb failure to come up on the DIS....