Can any1 help me out plz??

guzzy_431

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm in need of some great S3 knowledge & inspection here for my car. I've owned my S3 for the past four months. Since owning my S3, I have had a service carried out & also major one to. These are the mods I've had done so far forge007 dv, miltek cat back & latest B5 induction kit.

I'd taken my car to JBS AUTOS a few months back, for the miltek & dv to be fitted with a stage1 remap. I was told by one of the guys at JBS AUTOS my car already has a stage1 remap on. I'm not sure what brand the remap is on there atm. I was told there's no need for them to put one, as I wouldn't get much gains to what is on there atm.

When I drive my car, to me it feels sluggish at times especially when pulling off, the boast kicks in arnd 27/3rpm, I thought it would be nearer enough instant then that.

I'm happy to drive & meet anyone who's willing to give me advice to have a look at it in person or if you want to meet me I'll be more then happy to. I do apologise for letting of my frustration out in a winded post. I believe my car should be performing & running a lot better.

mate mine usually kicks in at 2,000 RPM it depends how much you push your throttle...down that is

Id get a pressure (health check),from any tuners,might be a boost leak ect,and vagcom for any faughts.

Smoke test for leaks, vagcom logs so ppl may help you determine a problem.

I'm in Nottingham, where a bouts are you....? I travel from one side to the other everyday normally. When I'm free I'd be happy to have a look.

And I disagree with jbs for once, maps have come a long way , if it's an early crap one then they should have put there upto date custom code one on, there stage 1 is very good IMO. But also they would have logged it to see if anything wrong before attempting to map. Any who like I said I'd be happy to have a gander I've fixed dozens of problems on my s3 in the past four months!

Thanks mate, Ive PM you my details so hopefully we can arrange something any time soon.

QUOTE=s33nyboy12;1632396]I'm in Nottingham, where a bouts are you....? I travel from one side to the other everyday normally. When I'm free I'd be happy to have a look.

And I disagree with jbs for once, maps have come a long way , if it's an early crap one then they should have put there upto date custom code one on, there stage 1 is very good IMO. But also they would have logged it to see if anything wrong before attempting to map. Any who like I said I'd be happy to have a gander I've fixed dozens of problems on my s3 in the past four months![/QUOTE]

With regards the OP and the above post in particular there was a preliminary test drive and logging session carried out before we advised the OP that the vehicle was already mapped.

When advising the OP we did state that the vehicle already had a map on the ECU (not C-C) and that the logging session went well,the car was producing what it was requesting and that we would not be 100% happy taking the guys money and him not feeling a big difference or being unhappy in any way.

If you would like a diagnostics check and logging session carried out then please feel free to give me a call to book in.

QUOTE=s33nyboy12;1632396]I'm in Nottingham, where a bouts are you....? I travel from one side to the other everyday normally. When I'm free I'd be happy to have a look.

And I disagree with jbs for once, maps have come a long way , if it's an early crap one then they should have put there upto date custom code one on, there stage 1 is very good IMO. But also they would have logged it to see if anything wrong before attempting to map. Any who like I said I'd be happy to have a gander I've fixed dozens of problems on my s3 in the past four months!

With regards the OP and the above post in particular there was a preliminary test drive and logging session carried out before we advised the OP that the vehicle was already mapped.

When advising the OP we did state that the vehicle already had a map on the ECU (not C-C) and that the logging session went well,the car was producing what it was requesting and that we would not be 100% happy taking the guys money and him not feeling a big difference or being unhappy in any way.

If you would like a diagnostics check and logging session carried out then please feel free to give me a call to book in.
[/QUOTE]

I actually posted that you would log data before hand, and said your stage 1 is very good IMO!
But....... If you are suggesting you didn't map his car with your performance technology through some misplaced loyalty for " value for money" to customers then I think he would rather have his car running how it would , should you of put your map on his car....

I still will remain a loyal customer to jbs, but as I said in this case I disagree,thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it! :)

If you would like a diagnostics check and logging session carried out then please feel free to give me a call to book in.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

I actually posted that you would log data before hand, and said your stage 1 is very good IMO!
But....... If you are suggesting you didn't map his car with your performance technology through some misplaced loyalty for " value for money" to customers then I think he would rather have his car running how it would , should you of put your map on his car....

I still will remain a loyal customer to jbs, but as I said in this case I disagree,thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it! :)[/QUOTE]

You are indeed and we value peoples opinions and feeback as much as we value customers loyalty.

If the OP wants to go ahead with our software we are only a phonecall away and will be happy to advise on anything that will enhance the overall driving experience either before, during or after the installation :)

Good stuff!

We sorted it now , few vacuum leaks we in the middle of fixing, possible leak from b5 tip installation we need to re-do.

Cheers