1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camshaft Position Sensor

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_mustwin1, Apr 25, 2005.

1. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Apr 25, 2005]
    Morning chaps.

I’ll be well chuffed if any of you guys can come up with the answer to this problem. I’ve got a 99TQS and its running lumpy as anything, hard to start etc etc. Now, on the diagnostics machine it’s coming up with the following code:- PO341 (Camshaft Position Sensor, no plausible signal), I have changed the sensor but still the engine is running in safe mode, and the same fault code is still coming up. What gives?

Any help most appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers

Mar
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. DaveACQ20v

DaveACQ20v Member

[Apr 25, 2005]
    disconnect your battery for half an hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Apr 25, 2005]
    I'm assuming you have cleared the fault code after replacing the sensor?

If you have and you are still getting the same error then the problem will be in the wiring.
  5. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Apr 25, 2005]
    Thanks chaps. I've tried all of the normal, but no go. Any other ideas anyone?
  6. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Apr 25, 2005]
    So have to done a continuity test between the sensor plug to the ECU?
  7. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Apr 25, 2005]
    Well just spoken to AMD and they have said that they have had a few similar problems with 5+ year old A3's. Apprantly the heat from the turbo can cause the wiring to crack, not always fully, but partly crack. I will check it out and get back to you with my findings.

Cheers again

Mar