1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camber on Sportback 1.8 TFSI

JiSi Jul 9, 2008

1. JiSi

JiSi Member

Hi,

I am new around here and hail from Copenhagen, Denmark. Happy to be a member in here as I have been browsing around, and it seems there are some competent people in here.

I have a black Sportback 1.8 TFSI with an H&R Streetstyle stainless steel coilover plus some BBS CH "Black Edition" 18" ET50 alloys. I had it adjusted yesterday, and they told me the camber cannot be adjusted on the back - it is currently at negative 2,18 degrees on the left and negative 2,06 degrees on the right. Can that be true?

I was hoping to fit some 15 mm H&R spacers on the back, but I reckon it will look silly with the negative camber :(.

Peace,

Jimmi

2. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

3. JiSi

JiSi Member

I think it's been lowered roughly 40-50 mm in the rear. It's hard to say really. According to the specs, this coilover should lower the rear from 30-60 mm and the front from 40-70 mm.

4. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

Camber is adjustable on the back...it's just not on the front ;)

5. JiSi

JiSi Member

I've just talked to them, and the camber cannot be adjusted because the car is too low. So it cannot be adjusted that far - if I had the original springs/shock absorbers mounted it could be done. Too bad.

6. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

http://www.k-mac.com.au/

They do adjustable plates, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do? - are you trying to gain some positive camber?

7. JiSi

JiSi Member

Yes, I just want the camber to be "evened out" on both sides. As I wrote, it is about negative 2 degrees on both sides, so the wheel is leaning inwards. And preferably I suppose it should be 0 degrees.

8. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

I don't think it should be 0, I think it would have a bit of negative offset even from factory...not as much granted.

Could be worse

[​IMG]