1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camber on Sportback 1.8 TFSI

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JiSi, Jul 9, 2008.

1. JiSi

JiSi Member

[Jul 9, 2008]
    Hi,

I am new around here and hail from Copenhagen, Denmark. Happy to be a member in here as I have been browsing around, and it seems there are some competent people in here.

I have a black Sportback 1.8 TFSI with an H&R Streetstyle stainless steel coilover plus some BBS CH "Black Edition" 18" ET50 alloys. I had it adjusted yesterday, and they told me the camber cannot be adjusted on the back - it is currently at negative 2,18 degrees on the left and negative 2,06 degrees on the right. Can that be true?

I was hoping to fit some 15 mm H&R spacers on the back, but I reckon it will look silly with the negative camber :(.

Peace,

Jimmi
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Jul 9, 2008]
  4. JiSi

JiSi Member

[Jul 10, 2008]
    I think it's been lowered roughly 40-50 mm in the rear. It's hard to say really. According to the specs, this coilover should lower the rear from 30-60 mm and the front from 40-70 mm.
  5. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

[Jul 10, 2008]
    Camber is adjustable on the back...it's just not on the front ;)
  6. JiSi

JiSi Member

[Jul 10, 2008]
    I've just talked to them, and the camber cannot be adjusted because the car is too low. So it cannot be adjusted that far - if I had the original springs/shock absorbers mounted it could be done. Too bad.
  7. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

[Jul 10, 2008]
    http://www.k-mac.com.au/

They do adjustable plates, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do? - are you trying to gain some positive camber?
  8. JiSi

JiSi Member

[Jul 10, 2008]
    Yes, I just want the camber to be "evened out" on both sides. As I wrote, it is about negative 2 degrees on both sides, so the wheel is leaning inwards. And preferably I suppose it should be 0 degrees.
  9. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

[Jul 10, 2008]
    I don't think it should be 0, I think it would have a bit of negative offset even from factory...not as much granted.

Could be worse

[​IMG]