1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambelt tensioners and waterpump change

noddylex Mar 9, 2012

1. noddylex

noddylex New Member

Hello All,
    I am looking for a reliable trustworthy garage in Teesside area to do FULL cambelt including tensioners and water pump replacement at a reasonable cost.
    Just come back from Audi main dealer and needed a stiff whisky after the shock of the price. Quoted £850 but that did include the other auxhilary belt (lol).
    Just bought the car and already spent money on refurbished wheels and tyres as the looked a bit shabby.
    Many thanks.

2. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

don't know any garages up there, but I just had my cam belt, tensioner, aux belt and water pump done at my Audi dealer for £390 so that dealer is having a laugh!

3. noddylex

noddylex New Member

Hi there,
    Thanks for that. I also think they are having a laugh. I do not think there should be much difference in price between a Quatro and my 2.5 diesel.
    Cheers.

4. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

You don't mention what engine it is you have but if its Vee configuration the price quoted is about right for the Main Dealer ( Teesside Audi charge £99/hour).
    That said if you want an Indy in the area I would recommend Volkswerk on North Road in the Boro. I have no affililiation and yes they can make mistakes but I have been using them for the last 15 years and they are easy to deal with and in my experience honest traders.

5. murran

murran Well-Known Member

i take it yours is a 2.5?
    quite a different/longer job doing a 2.5tdi, compared to a 1.9/2l.

6. noddylex

noddylex New Member

Hi Paul B7,
    thanks for the info. I have called them this morning and they have quoted me £624 for the 2.5 tdi V6. Thats including the dredded VAT!!

I have contacted another company in tyneside called Swift so I will let you know how much they ask for comparison. I know these people from my son who had a camshaft change done by them. They were good but maybe pricy.

Cheers.

7. RMH1A4cab

RMH1A4cab I'm in Cruise control

Just for reference this is who I use a very reputable indi.

http://www.mackenziesvwaudi.co.uk/audi-service.php

For yours they are quoting £425. Think it's an extra £75 for waterpump these prices include vat.