1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambelt change

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by swine, Sep 11, 2009.

1. swine

swine Member

sorry to do this to you all but could really do with some advice. having the belt done on monday at stealers(best price around, believe it or not)100k on the clock bought the car with 89k on it, belt done @ 80, invoice records no water pump change:scared2:. i want thermostat done, belt, auxs, pullys, tensioners, water pump. my question is, do audi automatically fit the upgraded metal impellar pump, and also, is ther anything else i should have done while the front is off. read something about bolts being changed for pulleys, any advice would be great, also how can i be sure they use uprated pump, they seemed sketchy when i mentioned it
  2. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

i dont think a stealers will do the metal pump. only the plastic one.
  3. BILKO1

BILKO1 Member

I've just done my cambelt, tensioner and waterpump all parts genuine, the pump impellor was plastic the non genuine one i took off was metal:(
  4. swine

swine Member

just off the phone with the dealer, i told them i wasn't interested unless i can fit metal impellar, he's then offered a two year warranty on the thermostat and pump, and 80,000 mile warranty on the cambelt and associated parts. sounds good to me, i do about 25,000 miles a year so i'll probably get it done again in two years.
  5. BILKO1

BILKO1 Member

All genuine parts come with 2 years warranty:)