1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cambelt change?

gussyldr Oct 27, 2010

1. gussyldr

gussyldr Member TFSI Owners Group Team Brilliant Black quattro Audi A3 s tronic S-line owners group

hi all is there any where cheaper than amd for a cambelt fitted to a 1.8t 99 price is £305 an am in london any help appreciated

2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group Manual

Thats a good price, i paid for one a few years ago about £280 that was on an S3.

Make sure you get the waterpump done as well in that price.

3. sdk778

sdk778 Member

We charge £295 for a full belt, tensioner, vib damper and pump change. Price includes all parts and fresh G12 and labour.

4. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

I shall be bearing that in mind then..... :thumbsup:

I'll get to the stage one day when I simply can't be bothered any more! lol

5. NoggyS3

NoggyS3 Member

Gutted :( Want my cambelt done and that is a very good deal :icon_thumright:

Only if i wasnt 2hours away!!!!

6. S3 Nattie

S3 Nattie Quattro ist für sissies

Try and get the tensioner dampener replaced. Its not included in the kit but they can go weak and not provide sufficient tension to the belt giving you a right headache if it fails.

Nathan

7. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Buy the kit yourself. Here is a timing belt kit for the APY/AMK (why not the BAM I don't know) which includes the tensioner damper for £106 delivered:

ContiTech Audi - Euro Car Parts UK

And a metal impeller water pump for £22 quid delivered:

Circoli Audi - Euro Car Parts UK

Cost of parts - not including G12 £128 delivered.

8. S3 Nattie

S3 Nattie Quattro ist für sissies

I dont know if you would want it but I have a metal water pump which has done less than 2k.

Nathan