Cam Timing, is this correct?

baynesey

well you better unsell them, sharpish!
Reaction score
Please see pictures below, they are set to TDC, however are they out of line? as it is it will not turn over when turning over the bottom crack, something hits (valve against piston I would assume).

Should I be able access the head bolts with out spinning either cam if set to TDC?

Thanks

TDC.jpg

TopView.jpg

CloseUpMarkers.jpg

ExhaustMarkerCloseUp.jpg

CloseUpMarkers.jpg

Engine is a 2.0 FSI AWA

Thanks

Chris

hi mate, the cam looks correct but on the crank are you sure you are not 180 degrees out? because its 2 revolutions on the crank compaired to 1 revolution on the cam. the easiest way to tell is take number 1 spark plug out and put a thin rod down the spark plug hole and try turning it over BY HAND to makesure the rod comes up to its highest point.
hope this might help

as c5 quattroa states check no1 piston is fully to the top by using a thin object down the plug hole or even a good eye and a torch, then make sure the crank is definatly lined up and then you will need to check the second cam is also timed up on the rear chain......
is there more info in to why it's in pieces m8 ??? was it running ok and somethinks gone wrong or you brought it like this ???

as c5 quattroa states check no1 piston is fully to the top by using a thin object down the plug hole or even a good eye and a torch, then make sure the crank is definatly lined up and then you will need to check the second cam is also timed up on the rear chain......
is there more info in to why it's in pieces m8 ??? was it running ok and somethinks gone wrong or you brought it like this ???

My cambelt snapped three weeks ago, smashing the valves, rockers etc, if the Cams are aligned in the Head does it matter if the Pulley suggests TDC markings are out if they have been setup out of the original TDC markings?

previous thread; http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...s/128313-what-my-options-cambelt-failure.html