Cam tensioner oil leak on 2007 S3

MarkMS3

Reaction score
How big a job is it to fix this problem? I have been informed it is a common fault with the S3! Is there actually a gasket or is it a vaccum seal? I have searched for threads relating to this problem but could not find any

I've got a oil leak down the back of my engine (isn't enough to drip on the floor though) is this the same? Can't get far enough up the engine to find where it's coming from :s

Never came across this on mine after 4 years of ownership. Keep the servicing up to standard and treat the puppy well and you may not have this issue. You'll always hear of problems with cars but remember that car forums inevitably report defects but that is a vast minority to the good cars out there. Always look for a good service history backed up with invoices, bit of a lottery but always a good basis to start.

Good Luck

Mine has full Audi history and every receipt to prove all work done, has been well looked after! It was my friend who works for Audi in Aberdeen that told me it is a common fault. Just trying to find out how common. DJ-S3 no my leak is on the right hand side of the engine looks like it is coming from the cam tensioner, tbh I think I will just get my mate to have a look and see what he thinks