Cam cover gasket?

Randomjim

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much it should cost me to get a cam cover gasket changed on a 98 1.8 20v ADR engine code. I've got the gasket already.

Also nearly racked up 110k anything else i should look at doing? Cambelt, ignition leads, spark plugs, brakes, brake fluid and oil change all done fairly recently.

Tha gasket is £19.09 for the genuine Audi Part, it should not take more than an hour.

Change from £65 inc genune parts and vat at my place. Maybe worth changing the plugs while you are in there.

Ah thats not too bad then i thought i'd do plugs at the same time. Looks like i got ripped off by 90p from camberley auto factors lol.

it really is an easy thing to change yourself

you need a 10mm socket/ratchet and a philips screw driver (infact if yours isnt a turbo you might not even need the screwdriver as its the dump valve pipe that needs unscrewed)

took me about 10 minutes, and most of that was raking around in the garage for a tube of sealant for the cam caps

i think i paid about £12 for the gasket, but thats at trade price

I've heard it was quite easy actually. I might grab a haynes manual and give it a bosh myself.