1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cam belt question

trousers Aug 21, 2007

1. trousers

trousers New Member

hi

i have been looking at an s3( on here in classifieds actually) with 49K on the clock, i dont think the cam belt has been done, i know they dont need to be done till 80k but is there any time limit to cambelts as it is V reg

cheers Rob

2. Aky

Aky Aky

If you do a search you will see lots of info on changing the cambelt. Think this topic was discussed last week and the week before and the week before that!

3. trousers

trousers New Member

cheers i will have a look, sorry for going over covered ground, am new at this forum lark

cheers rob

4. trousers

trousers New Member

i have had a look and cant seem to find any info on cambelt life, does anyone know or can anyone point me in the right direction

cheers rob

5. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

your looking at 60k or 5 years seems to be the general recommendation

6. madvw

madvw Active Member

Call an audi dealer and see what they say.

7. trousers

trousers New Member

have spoke to audi they say should be checked after approx 5 years, cheers for all replies

rob

8. madvw

madvw Active Member

Checked or replaced? Mine recommended that it be replaced after 4 years or 40k, whichever was sooner. I ended up replacing it after 5 years (at 40k).

9. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No idea how they check it without removing it as it's the tensioner and/or the water pump that'll be more likely to fail and strip it. Audi are really full of **** when it comes to cambelts.

10. Lenny Benford

Lenny Benford snowed under

I would go for 80k or 4 years whatever comes first. If the cars a V 99 WELL OVERDUE providing it has not already been changed.