1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam belt Kit

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Benny_A4, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Benny_A4

Benny_A4 New Member

[Jul 2, 2012]
    Ive only had my a4 1.8t for about two weeks and it's had to go back twice lol. First time was because the water pump failed, now it's got to go back because the timing is out and the speed sensor has gone. Ive got the engine light and epc light on, my brother put the laptop into it and brought up the error codes and i emailed them to the dealer. I done this as i dont trust the dealer anymore because my brother said that they have not changed the cam belt when doing the water pump. What i want to know is there are loads of cam belts on ebay from £40 - £175 i done understand why there is such a price difference. Can you trust ebay or shall i just go to audi for the belt kit or can i just get the belt. What is best to do.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. murran

murran Active Member

[Jul 2, 2012]
    you should always change all the rollers with the new cambelt. 40 will be just the belt, 175 will be all of it.
    175 sounds too much to me. ring tps and gsf/euro and get prices of full kits from both.

i wouldnt trust a garage that just does the waterpump even when they have to remove all the cambelt to do it.

and now theyve refitted the old belt a tooth out? what fault code was it? cam/crank incorrect assignment or similar?
  4. tazzy baby

tazzy baby Rookie

[Jul 2, 2012]
    I have a belt kit that i bought for 98 quid from euro car parts for my B5 1.8t AEB enginge code that i am selling if its any good to you dude
  5. Benny_A4

Benny_A4 New Member

[Jul 2, 2012]
    The codes i got are

http://[​IMG]

Once i get the car back will buy a cam belt kit ,Tazzy once i find out my engine code i will give you a pm. How much are you looking for it

6. tazzy baby

tazzy baby Rookie

[Jul 2, 2012]
    Benny_A4 how does 50 quid sound but not sure on how much postage will be