1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam belt change time

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by mikerd4, Jan 18, 2007.

1. mikerd4

mikerd4 Member

[Jan 18, 2007]
    Right I am ringing around to get prices to change the cam belt on my S3 as its due a changing.
    Firstly prices vary wildly! but thats not wht I am after

Ive decided to price the bits on vag parts but Im not sure exactly what I need and they dont do waterpumps either!

I know I need the belt obviously, but they list two types of tensioner and a damper??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. S2Avant

S2Avant Member

[Jan 18, 2007]
    Get your engine code and ring VAGparts, Martyn is very good.
  4. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Jan 18, 2007]
    Try GSF http://www.gsfcarparts.com/ I got my belt kit (belt, tensioner and idler) for about 70 quid, also got waterpump from there for about 25 quid. They also do G12 Coolant for 5 quid a bottle, you'll need 2.
  5. simch

simch Active Member

[Jan 18, 2007]
    I would use GSF again.......great service and good prices all OEM equivalent, some even have identical casting marks, just in diff boxes!

Change everything........all rollers, belt, tensioners, ( ask for the kit with the the hydraulic tensioner thingy) waterpum, get the metal impeller one if you can (brass). It was about 150 quid for it all IIRC, but just not worth all the labour and not change things.