1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam adjuster gasket

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by gwdolphingrey, Nov 24, 2012.

1. gwdolphingrey

gwdolphingrey New Member

[Nov 24, 2012]
    Hi there, I have an a4 1.8t sport I had the rocker gasket changed but just noticed on a report from 4 rings that the cam adjuster gasket needs changing is it an easy fit?

Thanks in advance

:meeting:
  2. s3tby

s3tby Member

[Nov 25, 2012]
    Good news first. Yes, in itself it is very easy. Takes about 10 minutes and anybody could do it.

The bad news;
    • 90% of the work is taking the rover cover off (which you've just done and put back on)
    • You need a special tool to compress the tensioner piston
    The tool costs 2-3 quid, and allows you put enough give on the chain to lift the tensioner assembly just high enough to slide the old gasket out, and pop the new half moon seal in underneath that. The gasket (and half moon) costs about £7 from TPS.

Part No. / How to here;
    PART NO.
    058 198 217

HOW TOHow-to: 1.8T Cam Chain Tensioner Gasket replacement
  3. gwdolphingrey

gwdolphingrey New Member

[Nov 25, 2012]
    That's good to hear thanks for your valuable advise is the special tool easily available? :faint:
  4. s3tby

s3tby Member

[Nov 26, 2012]
    eBay was the only place I could find it. Audi dealerships might sell them, TPS don't. They're cheap on eBay anyway. :)